Help

Laurie007

In the Brooder
Dec 21, 2021
Hello, I'm a nervous wreck. I was setting up a chicken fence and everything was fine my 5 week old chickens were out there and my dog got under the fence somehow and grabbed one of my baby chicks and immediately dropped her but she immediately could not walk. It's been about 3 days, she does eat and she does drink and I've been nursing her the best way that I can, but she's not able to move one of her legs. It seems limp in fact. She does have one leg that looks like it wants to work but that also seems kind of weak. There's no puncture marks and there is no appearance of a broken leg, no bruising so I'm very confused as to what I should do at this point since it's been three days. She is starting to hobble around a little bit but that one leg does not move, nor do the toes. I have brace both legs and even the foot, believe it or not I watched a video on how to do that. But it doesn't seem to be getting better. Should I wait it out? I'm worried that she'll be crippled.

Chicks are very delicate. The slightest pressure in the wrong places can main and kill. The chick likely has nerve damage from the dog encounter. It may be permanent or temporary. You can treat with vitamin E and B-complex to help repair damaged nerve connection. Ordinary people vitamins, pop the pills right into the beak.

Back
Top Bottom