HELP!

No just put some in the fresh water each day for at least a couple weeks.
If you try shooting water down her throat she could aspirate and die.
Sorry I didn’t know how else to word it but i meant slowly. But getting a syringe with the medication and not mix it or anything of that sort.

@casportpony may have a visual on a throat picture to show you the correct way to give liquids by syringe.
I would just put it into the water, make sure you follow the directions on dosage. 1/3 teaspoon in a gallon of water.
Yeah I’ll definitely double check before doing anything tomorrow morning. How long do you think it would take for her to get better? Theoretical speaking if it’s actually what she needs. Or would we probably not know that for certain

You have rooster booster Poultry Cell? If so, then YES, direct dose her at 1cc per 3 pounds of weight orally once a day. This shows you how.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Could she have gotten her neck caught in something? Has she been spatting with another hen or rooster?
Any moldy feed, rotten compost, something toxic or dead she could've gotten into?

What's her crop like and a photo of her poop too?

Yeah I’ll definitely double check before doing anything tomorrow morning. How long do you think it would take for her to get better? Theoretical speaking if it’s actually what she needs. Or would we probably not know that for certain
If it's a vitamin deficiency she'd start feeling better within a couple days. Some birds need extra nutrients. I had Silkies and they needed them all the time.

This could be an uncommon version of wry neck, although I've never seen it. I have had experience with some uncommon varieties of wry neck, and all respond well to vitamin E 400iu treatment. One gel cap directly in the beak each day until behavior is normal again for several days in a row. Give with a sliver of selenium. These can be bought at any pharmacy selling human vitamins.

Does she seem to have any balance issues? Is she limping or showing any leg weakness? Have you watched her at night to see if she's sleeping in an unusual position?

This could be an uncommon version of wry neck, although I've never seen it. I have had experience with some uncommon varieties of wry neck, and all respond well to vitamin E 400iu treatment. One gel cap directly in the beak each day until behavior is normal again for several days in a row. Give with a sliver of selenium. These can be bought at any pharmacy selling human vitamins.

Does she seem to have any balance issues? Is she limping or showing any leg weakness? Have you watched her at night to see if she's sleeping in an unusual position?
I took a look at her before coming in but she seems to be sleeping like normal. First 3 days were pretty rough having that weird neck. The 4 she was fine but seemed to be without energy. 2 days have gone and hasn’t gotten the wierd neck again but does seem to be weak or tired. She sort of stands low. Let her loose in the after noon and she was walking around with not much energy. When i appoach her she speeds up but flaps her wings which she doesn’t ever do unless she actually jumps or runs super fast.

This is how she usually stand up. Today she was showing maybe say half her leg height. And not moving around much. I have some feed fermenting and it’s on day 2 tomorrow so hoping i can give her some and maybe help her get nutrients she needs…easier like I’ve heard online.

Attachments

• D6A0AD79-070A-45CA-8CB3-0DEB8A702D10.png
    D6A0AD79-070A-45CA-8CB3-0DEB8A702D10.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
If the neck issue is resolving on its own, that would be splendid. We may never know what caused it. But if she's weak now from lack of eating for a few days, she needs to be encouraged to eat and drink or she could slip further into weakness and not be able to recover.

Offer water with a little sugar stirred in. This will do two things - get her glucose elevated so she is more alert, and it will make it more likely she will drink the water.

Offer her special feedings of scrambled egg, cottage cheese, boiled rice, grated carrot or applesauce.

Back
Top Bottom