Help!

Mable333

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
We have a baby Red, she's about 6 weeks old but is about half the size of the other 5 hens we have. Recently she has become incredibly lethargic, wont stand up, wont eat or drink and acts like she's drunk and just topples over then she just closes her eyes and tries to sleep. Her stools look like they're normal but she is definitely not acting normal. We have no idea what it could be. I looked up Cocci but she doesn't have the bloody stools. Her Crop felt like it was normal and clear so i don't think it is a digestive issue. What could it be? and What can we do????

Is her neck in a u shape or her head upside down? She can have Cocci without blood in stool I think. I would get her on polyvisol no iron and electrolytes , maybe a little sugar in the water. Separate her from the others so they don't pick on her.

no its that she so drehardied and the fat is buring inside her its the hot weather i just had one die A week ago if u can hold her by her chest bone then she might not live long sorry

Would Cocci take 24 hours to overwhelm her?

I have her on Electrolytes right now, some Gatorade with surgar. She drank about a spoon and half earlier tonight.

Back
Top Bottom