HELP!!!!!

bantams321

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
My 2 day old chick isnt moving, eating, or drinking! It wont lift its head or open its eyes. It tries to get up sometimes but just falls over. Any advice? I have been trying to get it to eat or drink for an hour and nothing is working:( all the other chicks are in perfect health

You have probably got one that is not going to make it. I have had some in new batches that I have tried to save with electrolytes and mash feed. I have saved some but the problem I have experienced is they will easily aspirate water or feed into the lungs. Try to keep warm and get some liquids down if you can.

Some one else may have some more advice.

Hope it makes it.

You have probably got one that is not going to make it. I have had some in new batches that I have tried to save with electrolytes and mash feed. I have saved some but the problem I have experienced is they will easily aspirate water or feed into the lungs. Try to keep warm and get some liquids down if you can.

Some one else may have some more advice.

Hope it makes it.

Unfortunately this happens. You can try egg yoke mashed in water. Try to make the chick eat it. I've had this happen several times. Some times it's just not meant to survive for a reason. I'm sorry. Keep her warm and comfy.

Thankyou everyone but shes not doing too well:( weve just found a cut on her leg and her leg is a little swollen could it be infected? Is that why its sick? It must have got it on the trip to the feed store

Back
Top Bottom