Helped one out Advice please!

enochabell

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Okay this was the situation, I had one pipping on Monday morning, well Tues it still had not hatched so I left it one more day. Well that day when i had gotten home still nohatching or chirping but there was a little movement still. Day Three no movement and chirping had stopped
hit.gif
I just knew he was a goner
sad.png
Well day 4 today I had given up and decided to clean my little giant and set my new batch. Well, the little guy was still alive so i just went ahead and took the shell off and to my surprise he was alive didn't look to good but he was coming around and as of this moment he's very slow at moving around but he is moving and trying to build up his little body. Any chances he will live or should I not get my hopes up? Anyone ever helped one out and had sucess??
Please tell if you have.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Most of the chicks I have helped have survived but not all. Likely this little one was meant to be but I am an old softy. My husband is always telling me that. I have to try no matter what the outcome is. Good luck!!!
photosmile.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

helping chicks is a hit or miss. either the chick was never meant to be or something actually went wrong in the incubation process. i would let him try and recover from hatching and see if hes gonna make it in another 24 hours. i helped a chick or two today and they are all live a kickin. he was pipped for over 24 hours so after that with no movement. if i reallllly want that paticular eggs to hatch, ill help it.
hu.gif
jumpy.gif

Thanks for all the encouagement It is still hanging in there.. I believe something went wrong in the inncubation somewhere. He seems to have something wrong with it's foot but it's eating and drinking, i'll have to wait and see
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom