Yesterday I got the hoop coop roof repairs done, on one side. The clear panels had a gap between them where debris was pushing the panels apart. So I pumped caulk in, then put in screws every 6 to 8 inches. Once I did that, I attached the roof wire to the chain link panel and the wire of the hoop coop. All I need to do now is staple the wire on the short area on the wooden frame I built that isn't secured yet. And I installed the chicken nest box in the former Turkey coop. Today my shoulder is regretting it!

My girl lives near Asheville, often hotter here that there.

Being a transplanted Yankee, I never thought I'd utter the words "It's not that horribly hot today, it's only 90." But within three years of living here I did.

Summers, anything under 95 midday is a blessing. Night lows from mid-June to September rarely drop below 70.

In my first weeks here on the new property I'm monitoring the direction of the breezes and the storm winds as well as the track of the sun to judge the best orientation for first the repaired little coop and then the new coop.

She has said the same. She wants me to move down there and I'm like no way in hell.

I never thought I would move here into the heat, but when there aren't any jobs where you are then you have to move to a place where there are jobs.

We found we could get half again the house and live better on the same money here than in the other city where the company DH worked for had an office when they closed the one in Millsboro, DE.

Back
Top Bottom