And Jim, sorry your wife broke her knee. There is something wrong with my right knee. I don't remember doing anything to it, but it is sore and swollen. I don't think it's broken, having had broken bones before, it's not as sore as that. Hope your wife recovers quickly.

Jim, we were charging the battery with a charger, but it wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 days. So I got a free replacement!

I was having trouble like that with the tractor. I finally put a quick disconnect on the battery. there was a device in the wiring, I forget what it is called , that let the current drain even though the key was off. I think it is called a resistor ?
Annie is improving each day. The pain in subsiding. this week she starts PT..I hope that doesn't aggravate the knee too much..
I am hungry for some SOS. I have to look for a simple recipe ..
I guess I am weird, but I liked the army SOS..
.....jiminwisc.......

I was having trouble like that with the tractor. I finally put a quick disconnect on the battery. there was a device in the wiring, I forget what it is called , that let the current drain even though the key was off. I think it is called a resistor ?
Annie is improving each day. The pain in subsiding. this week she starts PT..I hope that doesn't aggravate the knee too much..
I am hungry for some SOS. I have to look for a simple recipe ..
I guess I am weird, but I liked the army SOS..
.....jiminwisc.......
Glad Annie is improving.

SOS is not something I would have a hankering for. :rolleyes:

Mowed at my SIL's place today. 90 minutes to just run over the first growth lightly. I estimate 2-2.5 hours for a thorough job in heavy growth.

Very little backing and mostly good turns.

Having 2 properties to care for this summer will be a good reason to tell my boss that I can only work 3 days a week. My arthritis will appreciate that.

I bought a lawn sweeper, I had to do some repair on it. I have not tried it out yet.
It will not work to pull it behind the mower, because the mower throws the grass to the side. So I will have to make a special trip after I am done mowing.
I checked for rhubarb and garlic yesterday.
not coming up yet. I have them both heavily covered with straw so they are probably not warming up too quickly.
and the ground is wet which makes it colder, too.
.......jiminwisc....

I bought a lawn sweeper, I had to do some repair on it. I have not tried it out yet.

I love my lawn sweeper. This new-used one is the third one we've had.

To use it on the same trip as the mowing you have to make a pattern where you keep moving to the side where the mower threw the grass the last time. I usually use it on a second trip because I have to do too much backing when I'm mowing and adding a sweeper to an already horrible turning radius makes it feel like I'm trying to drive a semi around the yard.

I have a few minutes to play on the computer today. Annie is doing better and can do some things for herself.
yesterday I took Ollie for a ride. I graded the driveway pretty good. On the last pass I blew a hydraulic hose. I think I can splice it.
we have some blue flowers up, but no garlic or rhubarb yet.
.......jiminwisc.....

Back
Top Bottom