helping u, cutting welded wire

lovelychicken

Songster
10 Years
May 9, 2009
just thought id make this quick for those who are doing the coops and killing your hands with those pliers plus wasting all that precious time................there is this thing my boyfriend brought over and i can cut threw eight feet of it in a matter of a minute or less with less sharp edges remaining, i wish i would have known about this when i was building my rabbit cages!!! anyhow, its called a rotozip.
dont know how much they cost, sorry. but it is a lifesaver, love it!

Rotozips and Dremel tools work wonders if you know how to use them.

Basic models start under $50 and go up from there. They make tons of
attachments and specialty tools for them.

ShowImage.aspx

end cutters will do it just as quickly as a dremel if not a bit faster tbh. ~25gbp/30euro/40usd for a good pair.

and no, don't use pliers.

Last edited:
What attachment did you use on the rotozip? I am guessing it was the abrasive cut off wheel? I used my bolt cutters on the welded wire which works but is a pain to keep opening and shutting. Didn't think of zippy.

Ill have to check tomarrow but boyfriend says it will cut any metal. Hes right, I cut thick metal piping the other day with it, went threw like a charm.
As far as that plier type thing, never tried that particular one, though I tried many. I don't have a mans working hand though (no disrespect guys) so I callous easily and any plier type thing (wire cutter is what I am trying to say) I tried caused big callouses. Boy I am using the word "thing" here a lot:D, as you can tell I am not real familiar with all the gadgets names.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom