HELPPP!!! is this a malpositioned duckling??

Pics
So it’s 7am now so it’s been about 15 hours since I snipped the goo. She’s been in the incubator the entire time but she still won’t walk. She’s a lot more chirpy today, and eyes more open but it looks to me like she can’t bring her right leg forward her head also seems to pull to the side of the non moving leg, does she possibly have a brain issue

Time to move her out of the incubator into a brooder. It’s not uncommon after a hard hatch to take a couple days to get everything moving in the right order. Anything is possible, being such a long, assisted and delayed hatch, you may have defied Mother Nature, but you are giving her the best shot possible!

So it’s 7am now so it’s been about 15 hours since I snipped the goo. She’s been in the incubator the entire time but she still won’t walk. She’s a lot more chirpy today, and eyes more open but it looks to me like she can’t bring her right leg forward
Time to move her out of the incubator into a brooder. It’s not uncommon after a hard hatch to take a couple days to get everything moving in the right order. Anything is possible, being such a long, assisted and delayed hatch, you may have defied Mother Nature, but you are giving her the best shot possible!
I have currently taped her toes open like I did with another duck of mine that had a problem so hopefully it works

She’s still not opening her eyes much

Back
Top Bottom