Hen attacked by dog, PLEASE HELP. (graphic pictures)

rcompton

Hatching
Oct 11, 2015
My favorite hen "Penny" jumped over the fence and was attacked by the neighbor dogs. I thought she was dead, but when the dogs started fighting over her she stood up, so I immediately jumped the fence and grabbed her. She is a very strong girl but She severely injured in her neck and rear end. I am a Paramedic so I have sown up the areas of skin that I could and bandaged her. I have not put neosproin on yet but I will shortly. And if she makes it through the night I was told to get Blukote for her. I currently have her resting in a dark area of the house with food and water. Is there ANYTHING else I can do for her? She has gurgling respirations and seems to have difficulty breathing. What do you think her chances are of surviving? Its been 4 hours since the incident. THANK YOU

There's still some exposed muscle in the second pic. All that smooth stuff in the first pic is exposed muscle. How well were you able to sew that?

I ended up having to give her mouth to mouth about an hour after posting this, I brought her back. But she was very weak and passed over night.

Back
Top Bottom