hen died a week ago of swollen eye then just 2 days one of my pollets just died why?

redchick652

Chirping
One of my hens died a week ago of a swollen eye it was swollen shut and big and she was breathing heavy. I gave her water and food and she was doing well for a couple days then she died what would cause her eye to swell up? Do hens get into fights to? Then one of my pollet died why? Just walked outside and there she was stiff and dead.

One of my hens died a week ago of a swollen eye it was swollen shut and big and she was breathing heavy. I gave her water and food and she was doing well for a couple days then she died what would cause her eye to swell up? Do hens get into fights to? Then one of my pollet died why? Just walked outside and there she was stiff and dead.
Was there pus in the eye causing the swelling? That is one symptom of a respiratory disease.

I could'nt tell it was swollen shut and she was away from the flock alot.
It sounds like she was sick.
It would be a good idea to examine the rest of your flock. Look for eye swelling, bubbles in the eye, labored breathing, purplish combs, nasal discharge, gasping and general lethargy.
If you see anything you don't like, take good pictures and post them for further advice.

Welcome to BYC.
Sorry for your loss.

Do you live in the US?

how do you post pictures
See the blue upload a file button at the bottom of the screen?
Screenshot_20190916-205435.png

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Back
Top Bottom