Hen found laying on her back

Jess_me

Chirping
Feb 23, 2023
Not sure how long she was like this. But we found one of our hens laying on her back. We were able to get her flipped over, but now she is really disoriented and keeps trying to flip back over. Any ideas or suggestions of what it could be? She's a little over a year old

Can't tell if there's any injuries. She was in the coop when we found her. Daughter had to climb in and we brought her inside in a tote to better evaluate her. She just eats layer feed. Other 2 hens eat the same

Can't tell if there's any injuries. She was in the coop when we found her. Daughter had to climb in and we brought her inside in a tote to better evaluate her. She just eats layer feed. Other 2 hens eat the same
She was kicking her legs when she was on her back. She was tilting her head back but now she's not doing it as much.

She may be vitamin deficient, give 400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks. Any brand from the grocery store. Just pop it in her beak.

She may be vitamin deficient, give 400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks. Any brand from the grocery store. Just pop it in her beak.
Right now it's difficult to get her to open her mouth to even take in a bit of water

Back
Top Bottom