Hen Laid Really Strange Object (graphic Pics)

It could be possible in a cancerous sort of way I suppose. (cancer-like, as in cells gone very wrong)

Last edited:
Quote:
Regarding the developing fetus...no, it wouldn't be possible.
smile.png

My thought (after thinking egg roll) was that it was a soft shelled egg that got stuck and "cooked" in the odd shape of her canal? maybe? Though it looked like a meat spot or something not normal in the inside of it. I hope that is a one time only kinda thing. Poor hen!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever it is, I am so glad it did not happen to me. Hope your hen is okay.
thumbsup.gif

A new member this morning said that their hen laid something like a piece of chicken meat. I suggested it was a shell-less egg, but am going to go back and give them a link to this thread.

No experience here, but my vote would be an internal layer also.

Imp- needs something stronger than soy sauce

Quote:
Tumor, got my vote. Egg without shell are still layed, just soft shell. Tumor could break off ,and passed. This happens with colon cancer, sure it could in the egg track of a hen, take to a vet and have it checked out.

Thats not a egg ,or part of a egg, but a part of the hen. No wonder it smell like raw chicken.

Quote:
That makes sense, I guess, but EWWWW! Did the reproductive tract try and coat it like an egg then...?

I would think it would ,if able maybe thin coating

This looks to me like a bit of tissue that got stuck in the oviduct and was just repeatedly packaged in membrane until it was large enough to finally pass. Kind of like how a candle starts with a wick, but is dipped over and over in wax. Logic would indicate that an irritant in the oviduct could be repeatedly packaged in the same way. And since it appears that the hormonal trigger that caused the membrane formation wasn't an ovum with albumen, it just got stuck there and was bound in membrane over and over until it was perhaps shaped properly or large enough to be propelled down the oviduct. Or perhaps there is now another egg behind it in the oviduct which dislodged it and pushed it down.

This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Back
Top Bottom