hen sitting alone puffed up but otherwise ok

kristin07035

Songster
6 Years
Jan 15, 2014
NJ
Ok so I just picked up my first ever 4 juvenile pullets yesterday. Got them from local farm (breeder). They are 6-7 months old, together since hatch & all out of same pen.
I noticed today one of them (my ameraucana) was sitting alone all puffed up. It was only 20* yesterday & today and we have 18+ feet of snow all around, their pen area is shoveled out & its the same weather / temp they were living in prior to me getting them. When I approach her she gets up and runs away/around (they're not use to being handled ). Shes eating...
is it stress from the move or should I be worried something is wrong?

Yey today she was acting completely normal! It was slightly warmer (29* & not too windy instead of the below 20* super windy days we've be having) & she was walking all around pecking & eating/drinking. Guess she was just cold/stressed yesterday. Still going to keep an eye on her but pretty sure all is going to be good.

Yey today she was acting completely normal! It was slightly warmer (29* & not too windy instead of the below 20* super windy days we've be having) & she was walking all around pecking & eating/drinking. Guess she was just cold/stressed yesterday. Still going to keep an eye on her but pretty sure all is going to be good.
Oh that is great!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom