Hen very lethargic and pale comb

I can not thank every one enough for all the advice and help! It’s heart breaking, my fiancé keeps telling me it’s one chicken but I can’t give up on her.

I hope that she improves. Do not treat her with the permethrin any more until at least 10 days. Then treat her, and wait another 10 days to see if she has signs of lice or mites.
Hopefully, it isn’t Mareks, but if she dies, I would contact the state vet to send her in for a necropsy to look for Mareks and other problems. Her body would need to be refrigerated and sent on ice packs to the state poultry lab.

She finally passed about an hour ago. I’m honestly relieved she is not suffering anymore. I have her body in the freezer to send off, but her stools were very green that released when she passed, I thought that was odd.

Do not freeze the body, but just refrigerate it in a plastic bag. Ship it on ice packs in a foam cooler. Sorry that you lost her.

Google an article by Casportpony called “How to send a bird for a necropsy.”

I live in TN and our state provides free testing if you send them to Korod labs. Of course it’s a Saturday afternoon so nothing can be done until Monday. Any ideas why her bowels released bright green. I literally have spent 100 dollars in supplies the past 2 weeks trying to save her. I’m glad she is not suffering anymore but I’m worried and stumped on why it happened. She was on her side and slowly went this morning. I just feel horrible or wondering where I failed her.

Back
Top Bottom