Hen Walking Backwards with Head Down

I really hope it's not a neurological issue. I love her and it would kill me to lose her. She acts and eats fine other than this issue.
It might not "harm" her in the sense that it's life threatening. It could make her more susceptible to predators. I would probably still have my EE if a hawk hadn't taken her down.

They aren't free roam. I let them out daily to forage but am with them keeping watch. I gave her some tuna today.
How is your RR now? Did you determine a cause? Ours has been acting in a similar manner since she molted during a deep freeze in late December.

How is your RR now? Did you determine a cause? Ours has been acting in a similar manner since she molted during a deep freeze in late December.
It doesn’t look like the OP has been on in about a month, so it might be a while before you get a response. I’m sorry to hear about your Hen, and please feel free to create a new thread!

Has this hen ever been broody(especially just before it started walking backwards). It is quite normal for an 'ex' broody hen to walk backwards with their head down. I have had many past chickens do it just after becoming broody.

Back
Top Bottom