Hen with pale comb and diarrhea

g96

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2021
I noticed this afternoon one of my wyandotte hens was having very watery stool and her comb and wattles are quite pale. In addition, she is acting rather lethargic...much slower than usual and laying down on the ground in the run area outside. She is around 7 months old and has been my most consistent chicken in terms of egg laying. I believe they were dewormed when they were chicks at the hatchery, but I have not dewormed since. I checked her out for mites and didn't seem to find any. I didn't see any worms in her most recent poops either. There hasn't been any change to the flock's diet, and no new members, or anything else that I know of that could be stressing her out. Today I purchased some mite and lice spray to use on the ladies and in their coop, as well as some electrolytes and probiotics to give them hoping it might help. Should I buy a dewormer as well to try? I am new to raising chickens and could really use some help. Anything is appreciated thank you!

Your location, climate, local environmental conditions such as compost pits and local flora all have bearing on a possible diagnosis of this hen. So, how about providing this additional info and we'll then perhaps have something to work with?

Your location, climate, local environmental conditions such as compost pits and local flora all have bearing on a possible diagnosis of this hen. So, how about providing this additional info and we'll then perhaps have something to work with?
I live in lower Michigan, so the weather has just begun to cool off some.

Back
Top Bottom