Hen with poopy but

When is the last time she laid an egg? Any bloat/swelling or fluid in the abdomen?

I agree, getting a better look at that poop would be good. The yellow is concerning to me - either it's "eggy" or the urates are yellow.

I would check to make sure the crop is empty first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks. If it's not empty then proceed with treating the crop. Crop issues often go hand-in-hand with reproductive problems. Monistat will help treat sour crop - if using cream, then give 1/2" of cream orally 2 times a day for 7 days. If using suppositories, give 1/4" orally 2 times a day for 7 days. Give for the full 7 days even if she improves.
It's best to only give normal feed (dry or wet) and a small treat like egg during treatment. Nothing hard to process like scratch/seeds/corn, etc.

I'm chalking it up to vent gleet and being hot. It's 102°F for you today. Birds here drink more and eat less during intense heat.

When is the last time she laid an egg? Any bloat/swelling or fluid in the abdomen?

I agree, getting a better look at that poop would be good. The yellow is concerning to me - either it's "eggy" or the urates are yellow.

I would check to make sure the crop is empty first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks. If it's not empty then proceed with treating the crop. Crop issues often go hand-in-hand with reproductive problems. Monistat will help treat sour crop - if using cream, then give 1/2" of cream orally 2 times a day for 7 days. If using suppositories, give 1/4" orally 2 times a day for 7 days. Give for the full 7 days even if she improves.
It's best to only give normal feed (dry or wet) and a small treat like egg during treatment. Nothing hard to process like scratch/seeds/corn, etc.
I'm not sure when she last laid an egg. I don't think that there is any abdominal bloating or fluid. What's the dosage in milligrams for the suppository? I think different suppositories have different dosages.

Back
Top Bottom