Henryetta stopped laying..I am worried!!!!

FlockMama

ChickyBawkyChickChick
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Washington State
Okay so I wrote a couple posts in the emergency section last week and got some great answers and advice. We all decided she had worms. Before the worm issue we had a 100 + degree heat wave for like a week and she had got the hottest of them all. She stopped laying at that time too. Anyway since I have wormed and she is looking great. Yesterday was the last day on the wormer. Her comb is now back brilliant red and she wants to be with the other chickens now too.
smile.png

...But she hasn't laid an egg in like a week and a half and she had the biggest eggs of my two laying ladies
sad.png

I have tried feeling underneath but maybe not good enough. She is making the egg song but she isn't leaving me any presents! I hope one isn't stuck. She doesn't act like she is in pain or anything but I am just worried.

Does it take time for them to start laying again after a heat wave or being sick? How long before I should really start to worry. She is eating drinking pooping and even went in the next box yesterday but no egg!

Can someone help me with this? These are my first chickens so I still don't know "everything"
idunno.gif

No she hasn't molted. She is only about 8 months old just started laying about 2 months ago....

edited: for spelling
wink.png

Last edited:
The lose some of their feathers, look funny for a while, then grow new ones.
They also go off laying (except my Leghorns, who would lay in the eye of a tornado)

hmmm don't see any extra feathers around....

Any other ideas?

If she was egg bound would she look in pain? She seems happy to me.

If she's eating/drinking/pooping normally, and she doesn't seem in pain, I wouldn't worry too much. Just watch her for a few days.

She's not eating the egg, is she?

She may just need some more time to get things started up again.

Last edited:
No she's not eating the egg. I am able to hear them lay then go right out and check for my gifts. I'll keep an eye on her. I know she feels better since she has been wormed. I think that was her problem before then before that was the heat so ya maybe it will take some time...
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom