Hens pecking rooster - neck "armor"

Uhhh i was shopping and now it's dark so all i can do is describe it. It's a bit larger than 100 square meters, theres a wallnut tree, rabbit hutch, coop and some holes so they take sandbaths in it. In the summer when there is grass they can use second run too.

Sound like a nice run + similar to ours. Ours love theirs so I think yours are not bored. You need to keep a very close eye on them. Bullying is usually quite obvious!

Because they don't want to mate with him maybe? Our roo just jumped on them but did not dance or give them treats. They will hate an impolite roo.

Because they don't want to mate with him maybe? Our roo just jumped on them but did not dance or give them treats. They will hate an impolite roo.
Lol i didn't know they can be that mean. He doesn't dance, and when he dances they just walk away from him so he just jumps on them from behind. He tries to give them treats but often he just calls them for something they are already eating or he grabs some junk like straw, grass etc lmao

Oh maybe they are UNGRATEFUL hens!
He sound unhappy, I feel for you, your poor boy, if you isolate him he will be sad too! Anything you can do?

Oh maybe they are UNGRATEFUL hens!
He sound unhappy, I feel for you, your poor boy, if you isolate him he will be sad too! Anything you can do?
Not so poor lol. When they were younger and he was eating from the feeder and a hen joined him then he usually went pecking her head till she left lol. Tbh i don't think there is anything to do except isolating him or the 2 pecking hens :/ Or as i said earlier some kind of neck guard or something like pick-no-more but there isn't such a thing in Poland i think.

Oh dear, yes I think ordering a neck guard and seeing if that helps is a good plan. At least he's not bleeding and I think it's important to make sure the skin is unbroken at all cost.

Oh dear, yes I think ordering a neck guard and seeing if that helps is a good plan. At least he's not bleeding and I think it's important to make sure the skin is unbroken at all cost.
I'd rather make one. As i said earlier i put a sock with hole cut out on his neck but he just took it off the naked skin :( Do u have any better idea?

Back
Top Bottom