%$&^*@ HENS!

Quote:
Mine are already ordered for March delivery!!!
smile.png

HI I AM LOCATED IN WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA AND I HAVE 3 HENS AND A ROOSTER,I RESENTLY AQWIRED THEM FROM MY FRIEND.I HAVE TRIED EVRYTHING TO GET THEM TO LAY BUT THEY JUST WONT!THEY HAVE ONLY LAYED ONE EGG SO FAR, I HAVE THE LIGHT BECASE WE ARE IN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS THEY HAVE FRESH WATER ,GREAT LAYERS MASH,GRIT,AND NESTING BOXES!IM ABOUTE TO EXTEND MY COOP TOMAROW BUT CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.
sad.png

I had to buy eggs as well, I think that mine stopped laying cause I added two EE's to my small flock. I have 7 hens but only 3 were laying. WERE LAYING?

sorry to hear about the egg shortage you allare having but today was the first day we have gotten 3 eggs in one day !!!!! my hens are still young and just now starting to figure things out.
I was getting an egg a day from my buff girl who laid her frist egg this sept. than stopped. than one of my americanas just started a few days ago and today someone else laid a brown egg.
so this morning we got 2 browns one grenn - what a nice egg day !!

Julie aka Jewels LOL

Yuk! I had to buy eggs to do my holiday baking, too!! Yuk! My Australorp lays every day, but the rest of my girls were molting, so that was it for several weeks. Then, as soon as my SLW started laying again, my Australorp decided to molt! My EE's haven't layed in quite a while - their molts are taking forever!!! GGGRRRRRR!!!! One egg a day just isn't enough!! OOh, sounds like an excuse to get some more layers!!!!

Blehs. My girls haven't been laying for SEVERAL weeks. Lucky for us our High School has a land lab were they raise chickens, sheep, donkey's, etc. They are much better eggs then store bought not as good as MY girls but still good and they sell them for $1.00 a dozen. I plan on getting 2-3 standard layers so I will always have someone laying.

Quote:
Mine are already ordered for March delivery!!!
smile.png

I just emailed the lady I'm ordering with and gave her my list! 8 chicks. She orders from McMurray in January for delivery in April. Perfect timing for me, if I weren't so darned impatient!

I have a barred rock, a black star, a RIR, and a dark cornish still laying. None of my bantams are laying.

Dark cornish lay some ugly eggs! The shells are always rough, and a beige color so I can always tell them apart from the others.

Back
Top Bottom