Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Update-8 of the 9 hatched and doing well. 5 boys and 3 girls. The one that tried hatching upside down didn't make it. I tried helping him but ran into blood vessels and quit and I think he suffocated. I have 4 going out to Florida in the morning.

Incubator is officially empty and getting cleaned and disinfected right now. It will be totally filled by the end of the week. I have bought goose eggs, my own goose eggs, call duck eggs, and bought guinea eggs all getting set this week...so here we go again...

Only 5 of the 14 welsummer eggs made it. They had really bad air cell damage. 8 of 9 of my own laying hen "mixture" hatched and are all doing great together.

The Poms are acting like they are slowing down but they are still going. The African are still laying like crazy if anyone wants some. I'm not hatching anymore of them as I need to get rid of some extra ganders as it is now.

love.gif

Thank you Psue!

love.gif

kawonu,

I'm glad you found some success this week. This has been an all time least productive hatch season so far (I hope due to the shipped eggs, and not loss of ability on my part). What kind of incubator are you using?

Are you the plans I saw earlier this week?

I have about 30 eggs in the incubator so I think I'm going to let her set. Most of the time she is on the nest. What am I going to do with them all? I haven't a clue, but I have a big pond and lots of acres. I still have 12 more goslings coming from various people. Just got 4 goslings from metzer. I am addicted to hatching. I need help.
ep.gif

I think some on here still have goose eggs you can get and if not I am sure someone on ebay can fixyou up....does that help
lau.gif

Marty, Amy told me that she has plenty of eggs and she may have to buy another bator if she doesn't do something else soon if someone else needs goose eggs.

Kawonu, sorry for the mispelled name earlier, I should have double checked. Shipped eggs have been really bad this year. I hatched more eggs last year when I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I have eight of my own Brown Chinese eggs and six of Amy's going in the bator as soon as I get Amy's and they sit for 24 hours. I hope they do better than my first attempts this spring. Amy is shipping my eggs tomorrow and then I will be hatching again.

Hi!! I hope it's ok if I jump in here too! I currently have 4 pilgrims from my own goose bakin' away. This is my first time hatching, so I'm here to gather all the info I can and hopefully meet some other goose lovers
love.gif

Welcome, igotgoosed! Jump right in. What day are they on? What kind of bator? Temp and humidity? Have you seen Pete's hatching guide in the sticky section yet? It is a must read!

Welcome, igotgoosed! Jump right in. What day are they on? What kind of bator? Temp and humidity? Have you seen Pete's hatching guide in the sticky section yet? It is a must read!

Thanks! I have a staggered bunch...17(set 3/8), 12 (set 3/13) , 8 (set 3/17), and 6 days (set 3/19). This is my girl's first time laying. There were two more eggs in between the others (3/11 and 3/15) but they weren't fertile. I'm using a still air LG. Temp is steady at 99.5 and humidity 40% (fluctuates 40-50). I have read Pete's guide! I'm trying to remember everything and I worry to death constantly about my babies. I candle every day to check on them lol. I got to see my 3/8 give a big kick tonight...and it made my heart jump! Beyond exciting! I am, however, trying not to get my hopes up as I know how many things can go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom