Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

morning !
This little guy really surprised me... he wasn't even the one that had shadowed the most at about 8 last night. Looked about 2am and he'd externally pipped
ep.gif

in the aircell but still closer to the "line" then the Embdens did..... or maybe it's just that the egg is so much smaller .... I'll post pics in a bit.... still havent' got everything into new computer yet
he.gif

Oh wow it sounds as if the three of you are doing great with the hatches this morning. I am on day 26 this morning and have good movement and nice air cells. Outside my three geese are playing musical nest. I let them out this morning and one goose got off of the nest and the next one climbed on the nest. I wonder if they manage to hatch any if they will share the babies. They are so much fun to watch. God bless the animals as they give us hours of pleasure and enjoyment.

Oh wow it sounds as if the three of you are doing great with the hatches this morning. I am on day 26 this morning and have good movement and nice air cells. Outside my three geese are playing musical nest. I let them out this morning and one goose got off of the nest and the next one climbed on the nest. I wonder if they manage to hatch any if they will share the babies. They are so much fun to watch. God bless the animals as they give us hours of pleasure and enjoyment.

Musical nest..... that will be interesting to see what happens!

pics as promised

230am cdt just below the loop on the "p"

830 am

nicely in the aircell
smile.png

Littledear, sounds like you are right on track too!! I hope they let you bond with the babies. My pair are not too happy about me loving on my goslings, but they are not freaking out like they do if my husband tries to get near them. But I'm pretty sure that once we free the babies out of their enclosed pen the geese will take them far away out onto our horse property and not let us near them again.

But that is ok... it is all part of my grand plan to give those babies to my pair.... and then keep the toulouse babies as pets.

Update!! African 1 and Toulouse 1 both have beaks at external pip location. My african is peeping and made its first crack at shell just now. I can see what I think is African 2's beak, but is not fully up in aircell. Toulouse 2 is making progress into air cell, but do not think it has internally pipped yet. I am beginning to bump humidity for lockdown now.

Toulouse 3 is still in cooker and making very slow progress compared to the others.

Littledear, we must be on the same schedule. I am on day 26th this morning too AND I have 4 geese, 3 of which are sitting on one nest. One of my ganders has been broody for 2 weeks and the 2 'mother goose' I have just went broody 2 days ago. I have no idea how many eggs they are sitting on because they won't get off and I'd like to keep all my fingers. I have 4 Pilgrim eggs in the bator that are on day 26.

I concur God Bless the animals. I have been wondering how they are going to share the goslings too. Funny though the male that seems to have done most the fertilizing is not sitting on the nest and just walks around the property by himself.

eta: My geese were playing musical nest for a week or so too, now three of them are sitting tight. I wonder if there are too many eggs for one to sit on at a time. Oh I wish they would bug off that nest long enough for me to count them.

Are you supplying food and water within reach? I have provided for them, maybe that is why they haven't budged?

Last edited:
My front running african has externally pipped!! It's a big pip too!! My 219g toulouse is right behind him, working hard at the shell!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom