Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
There was more blood today.
So hard forcing the buff to drink water. She screams murder if I try.
I had a bit more success using a syringe to put the water in/on her beak.
I haven't seen her drinking today at all on her own, and I don't think I did yesterday either.
It seems like the droppings are worse in the morning. Not sure if that's just me.
Would it be ok if I mixed some of the diluted medicine water into their food?
I usually give them it wet anyway because the buff won't eat it dry. (S-p-o-i-l-t)
Yes, you can use the mixed water to make a wet mash too - it won't hurt.
I'm sorry you're struggling getting her to drink. You are doing the best you can.

Mine love oats, not buying special oven dried crickets for them again... They like oats better, and they support digestion. You should see my roo, he gobbled them up like he has never see oats before.❤
Oats or Oatmeal?
https://the-chicken-chick.com/the-shocking-effect-of-oatmeal/

I will still give them it, as it's immune boosting. Doesn't hurt.
How much would you recommend per egg cup though?
So my local pet store isn't likely to have corid? (At least, not under the name corid?) I'm in Ireland.
My dad is working in England, might ask him to look for some.
He would get back in a week or so, would that be too late?
I don't think you can give them too much ACV. Meyer Hatchery told me to give my chicks half ACV and half water! Because of that, I would probably give them more than just a drop, maybe 5.

I don't think you can give them too much ACV. Meyer Hatchery told me to give my chicks half ACV and half water! Because of that, I would probably give them more than just a drop, maybe 5.
Wow! That's a lot of vinegar isn't it? Would you drink it 1/2 and 1/2?

Just a note as well....the "DROP" the OP is talking about is not ACV! They are medicating their chicks with Coxoid (Amprolium) - so...likely at the age and weight they are at - a few drops undiluted would be used for oral drench.

Yeah, I wouldn't have done half and half.
I don't think my chicks would forgive me for that.
They just plundered the bag of chick corn.
I had it on my desk covered in a box.
They are strictly on a diet now.
I don't think they got much. They had full crops as I made sure they ate lots of chick food mash today.
I fear for these chicks' futures. I can see them holding up feed stores.
They are apparently feeling well enough to raid corn stores then anyway.
I was a bit sceptical about 'chick corn' but my dad bought it for me so I supposed I'd give them only tiny amounts now, and give it to them mainly when they get older. I don't like feeding chicks scratch.

More blood this morning -and now I am starting to worry that the treatment isn't effective.
Treatment ends on Tuesday, I know it's only been three to four days, but I was hoping to have seen more improvement.
I'm going to make their feed with the meds this morning.
The Wyandotte x has DEFINITELY been drinking the water, he literally drinks every time he walks past it. Yet I've seen bad droppings from him.
I'm going to check I got the dosage right. I'm positive I did, I got my cousin to help to double check I didn't make a mistake, but I'd like peace of mind that I didn't mess up with that.

Would it be wise to get a fresh box and move them into the utility room?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom