Hey, all you lurkers! (I mean YOU!) Register and talk to us! - 2022 Edition

Pics
I found the site by googling specific things, and kept ending up here. I than started coming here and reading all the posts, and generally lurking around.
It took quite a while for me to join, as I'm a fairly shy person, and oddly enough it was the thought of having to make an introductory post that put me off.
I finally got up the courage, and haven't looked back!

Last edited:
Well I’m about 6 months into the backyard chicken scene and I’m gonna try my best not to copy and paste exactly what @Sussex19 posted 😅 but the reason for my lurking was pretty much the same! It seemed like every time I would google a question or idk anything about chickens this site would pop up in my answers so one day I got curious and started hardcore creepin on the site. There was so much info being thrown at me I was like well, this is it. I have found the holy grail of chicken sites. I knew from then on I never had a reason to look anywhere else for my chicken needs. I downloaded the app and started the registration process. Not gonna lie I stayed in limbo under the “lurker” status for quite a while literally just because I hate introducing myself. I know it’s not like public speaking class or anything but still being the introvert that I am it still makes me a bit nauseous. So yeah. Anyways; There’s my story of why I was a BackyardChickens.com lurker🫣🤷🏻‍♀️😅😂

Well I’m about 6 months into the backyard chicken scene and I’m gonna try my best not to copy and paste exactly what @Sussex19 posted 😅 but the reason for my lurking was pretty much the same! It seemed like every time I would google a question or idk anything about chickens this site would pop up in my answers so one day I got curious and started hardcore creepin on the site. There was so much info being thrown at me I was like well, this is it. I have found the holy grail of chicken sites. I knew from then on I never had a reason to look anywhere else for my chicken needs. I downloaded the app and started the registration process. Not gonna lie I stayed in limbo under the “lurker” status for quite a while literally just because I hate introducing myself. I know it’s not like public speaking class or anything but still being the introvert that I am it still makes me a bit nauseous. So yeah. Anyways; There’s my story of why I was a BackyardChickens.com lurker🫣🤷🏻‍♀️😅😂
That's such a great story! I love reading / hearing them!!!

I wonder how many peeps skip the "introduction" phase and jump right-in... solely with the intent to avoid the "Hey, look at me, I'm new!!!" situation?

That's such a great story! I love reading / hearing them!!!

I wonder how many peeps skip the "introduction" phase and jump right-in... solely with the intent to avoid the "Hey, look at me, I'm new!!!" situation?
I’m gonna say a shit ton of people skip the intro😂 I almost did but I swallowed my anxiety down and leaped into it. It was rough but I didn’t die🤣

Where are the bots?
Screenshot_20221028_160019_Chrome.jpg

About 14 year ago a wonderful member of our community noticed that there were a TON of people "lurking" (browsing BYC as non-members) and asked: "How can there be 100+ people lurking on BYC right now?"

Well, a LOT has changed since then... and as I type, I see this listed on the homepage of BYC:

View attachment 3009257

YUP, that's almost 20 TIMES as many "lurkers" as we saw online 14 years ago!

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

So, I'd like to echo the perfect words spoken 14 years ago: "C'mon, y'all, sign up and talk to us!
big_smile.png
"

...and once you join, reply here and let us know why you were lurking, what convinced you to sign-up, and what we (as a community) can do better to convert more lurkers to members.
Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

(oh, and if anybody notices a larger number of lurkers than the current record of 1,832 please screenshot it and post it here)
Can't get off after you sign up.
Screen is CONTINUALLY covered with adds and pop ups about pushes.
This site already made my phone shut down and have to reboot several systems.
I had to force stop multiple apps and clean up memory by hand.
This page is just not worth it...
This site asks too many questions.

About 14 year ago a wonderful member of our community noticed that there were a TON of people "lurking" (browsing BYC as non-members) and asked: "How can there be 100+ people lurking on BYC right now?"

Well, a LOT has changed since then... and as I type, I see this listed on the homepage of BYC:

View attachment 3009257

YUP, that's almost 20 TIMES as many "lurkers" as we saw online 14 years ago!

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

So, I'd like to echo the perfect words spoken 14 years ago: "C'mon, y'all, sign up and talk to us!
big_smile.png
"

...and once you join, reply here and let us know why you were lurking, what convinced you to sign-up, and what we (as a community) can do better to convert more lurkers to members.
Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

(oh, and if anybody notices a larger number of lurkers than the current record of 1,832 please screenshot it and post it here)
I want off.
You're not up front

Can't get off after you sign up.
Screen is CONTINUALLY covered with adds and pop ups about pushes.
This site already made my phone shut down and have to reboot several systems.
I had to force stop multiple apps and clean up memory by hand.
This page is just not worth it...
This site asks too many questions.

I want off.
You're not up front

Where is the log out button...?
I’m sorry you’re not enjoying BYC. :( I’d love to help with anything you need. We’d love to have you here, but this is how you log out if you would like to do so:
27DFA8E4-50E4-46EE-A518-C2B196933607.jpeg

This should show up:
3C8453AF-814A-4227-AEE0-48F1F052EF70.jpeg

Click the ‘Log out’ button.

Back
Top Bottom