Hey, all you lurkers! (I mean YOU!) Register and talk to us! - 2024 Edition

What happened here? When we had the old thread the guest count was usually around 16 or 17,000. Now you start a new thread and every time I've checked it's been from 1,700 to 2,400.
Did you do something to scare all the guests away?
I was thinking the same thing cause I keep checking the guest count and I haven't seen it above 3,000

I was thinking the same thing cause I keep checking the guest count and I haven't seen it above 3,000
somethings-amiss-cover.jpg

View attachment 3728950

About 16 years ago a wonderful member of our community noticed that there were a TON of people "lurking" (browsing BYC as non-members) and asked: "How can there be 100+ people lurking on BYC right now?"

Well, a LOT has changed since then... and as I type, I see this listed on the homepage of BYC:

View attachment 3728988

YUP, that's just over 160 TIMES as many "lurkers" as we saw online 16 years ago!

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

So, I'd like to echo the perfect words spoken 16 years ago: "C'mon, y'all, sign up and talk to us!
big_smile.png
"

...and once you join, reply here and let us know why you were lurking, what convinced you to sign up, and what we (as a community) can do better to convert more lurkers to members. :highfive:

Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

(oh, and if anybody notices a larger number of lurkers than the current 16,086 please screenshot it and post it here)
So I’ve come here to ask, what gives-Ive “joined” BYC on Fb answered all the questions and still every time I try to post, comment or ask a question I am forced to answer all the questions again each time! What am I doing (or not doing) because I feel like a lurker but I keep trying to get in!?!

Back
Top Bottom