Hey, all you lurkers! (I mean YOU!) Register and talk to us! - 2024 Edition

I'm a relatively new member, but I lurked here for years. Without having chickens, or a firm plan to get them, I was just picking up the knowledge to get started. Once I had committed to getting them I joined and started asking more specific questions! Thanks everyone for being so helpful!

Perhaps there are some, or many in my position, that are just flirting with the idea.

I started “lurking” at the end of January or beginning of February 2014 when I was taking care of baby chicks at work

BYC is the site my boss put on my computer at work for all questions concerning them

I only raised them until April

I “lurked” for over 11 months before I finally joined in December

And it’s going on 10 years since I became a “lurker”

THANKS BYC COMMUNITY for all the help and answers for those 3months

So I’ve come here to ask, what gives-Ive “joined” BYC on Fb answered all the questions and still every time I try to post, comment or ask a question I am forced to answer all the questions again each time! What am I doing (or not doing) because I feel like a lurker but I keep trying to get in!?!
Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

This BYC, while goes by the same name, is a different format than the one on Facebook with different administrators. If you have issues on Facebook, you'd have to get ahold of someone there. This one is way better though. ☺️

Go here and introduce yourself if you'd like, and you only have to do that once.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-member-introductions-sample-questions-template.125892/

If you have issues on Facebook, you'd have to get ahold of someone there.
I hate facebook and X even more because there is not enough moderation.
Trolls and some of the influencers post misleading information on purpose and innocent people get to read (and believe and share) all kind of crap because of it. Therefore I quit both (un)-social platforms.

BYC is way better thanks to a great team of moderators. But even here it’s possible to post untrue information without moderation, as long as it has nothing to do with politics, and contains no dirty or inappropriate language.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

This BYC, while goes by the same name, is a different format than the one on Facebook with different administrators. If you have issues on Facebook, you'd have to get ahold of someone there. This one is way better though. ☺️

Go here and introduce yourself if you'd like, and you only have to do that once.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-member-introductions-sample-questions-template.125892/
BYC does have a Facebook group. It is a "real" BYC group/page.

I lurk because I don’t have chickens and, due to lack of space, time, and neighborhood regulations forbidding livestock, am unlikely to get chickens anytime soon. It is, however, a fascinating subject so I continue to research them.

Tangent, is there a thread with all the commonly used acronyms? Because if not I’m going to make one.

Back
Top Bottom