Hey, all you lurkers! (I mean YOU!) Register and talk to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK----This seems like a good time to come out of the darkness. I am a lurker. I lurked for months and then registered and I have lurked for another few months. If you look at the list of people on line----I'm almost always there. I am one without chickens, so I don't have anything of real value to add. But I have wanted chickens for years. Late last year we decided to have a life adventure and moved from our life in Washington state to Texas. I insisted on not living in town if we were going to make such a life change. So now we have finally moved to a place where I can have chickens. My DH has just recently come around to the idea and I hope to get some next year. Everyone here seems very nice and extremely helpful. Stepping back into the shadows now.

If you can daydream it, you can do it!!!
welcome-byc.gif
daydreamer!

Here's my extra special Lurker dance that hypnotizes lurkers into signing up for BYC....

Resistance Is Futile!!!! Join Us!!!!
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
th.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

BTW lurky...I love your name!

Last edited:
Quote:
sounds like my mom..."i took 2 exlax the day before and..." but I guess she was going off the tangent about the load I got from my 2 year old's diaper...but definately didn't need to compare the two.

but I think it was always something to do with my family because if we went anywhere or had people over my mom would tell us we shouldn't talk about innapropriate things like diarhea...

why did she tempt us so?

me,
g

Welcome Ol'FashionHen, you rehabilitated former lurker, you....

welcome-byc.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

now chickenSmitten, what was so hard about that? Awesome!

Last edited:
Okay, remember( I think I remember, well I don't know if I remember or not, darn it) I know a little, but what in the world is a rehabilitator former lurker? Bluey?

I can't remember what I googled exactly to find BYC but it had something to do with my hurt chicken.

And I nursed the chicken back to health...no way was I going to loose my stock for my freezer.

I just read about another poster here, she has 6 chickens and ordered 10 more chicks and her mom knows but her dad doesn't. And she says, what's 10 more chickens, right?

ha ha ha!! Oh man...that's right where I was. And if you got 16, why not make it an even 20? And since cornish x only take 8 weeks to dress out, what's 30? if they only stick around 8 weeks?

and then I read about your breeding pens...and I think...I got to get me some of those...

you may lurk but the chicken will pull on your heart strings...and before you know it you will be hopelessly addicted...to chickens and byc.

"you have now entered into....another dimension..."

me,
g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom