Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

THANK YOU FOR THE GINGERBREAD RECIPE!! It looks very good.

Happy Valentines day everyone.
love.gif

We are having sausage, peppers and onions over bow tie pasta, Artisan bread with roasted garlic, green beans and Marie Callenders Razzleberry pie and whipped cream. mmm mmm

Well, I always (for the past 5 years) gone and gotten Jim and the girls a lobster a piece for Valentines day. Not sure if that's what we'll do this year. Probably since it is the tradition now. Or we might not since we will be moving to lobster capital within a month...
If not, it will be chicken fried steak, taters, turnips, and/or parsnips.. who knows!

Redfeathers.. thank you for the Crab Cake recipe! I will give it a shot when I get ready to make them.. probably tomorrow.. possibly tonight.. who knows....

I think I'll make some Fettucine with sundried tomato Alfredo sauce, in a few minutes. I'll have some warm Olive loaf by the time hubby gets back from his martial arts class ..and I can make a salad or steam some of the many zucchini I found on sale this afternoon.
wink.png

Enjoy your Valentines, everyone!
smile.png

Hey all making meat lovers pizza for everyone else, flat pop for me. Darn flu bug if it doesn't give me a break soon. I just keep getting it over and over again. You would think with the cold that it would kill some of those germs.

Get well all and sorry I missed saying happy V day yesterday.

Belated Happy V Day!

The power outage had a friend of mine running behind on her Valentine orders, so I spent Friday dipping just about everything imaginable in chocolate.

Last night was a meat and cheese tray with fresh fruit and a bottle of wine while watching The Godfather marathon. Nothing says "romance" like the Mafia!
lol.png

Sounds like everyone has made some yummy meals the last couple of days.

It was just meatloaf, mashed and green beans for us tonight. I made a couple loaves of my clone Bushman's wheat bread, and some oatmeal applesauce mega muffins for the start of the work week.

[bAneesa][/b] - here's my tried and true fo crab cakes. These work well with surami (Crab Delights) too.

1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
12 oz lump crab meat, picked over well
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 rib celery, from the heart and finely chopped
1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP mayonnaise (a little more if needed)

mix well, form into 8 (3 inch) patties. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before frying.

Sorry if this is too late.

Not too late at all, happyhen ..thanks!
big_smile.png

Last night, a migraine snuck up on me ..so I didn't cook. Tonight, I made last night's planned dinner ..DH was happy. Tomorrow, I'll do the Crab Cakes. I may even try both recipes ..if I can squeeze more crab money out of my tight budget!
tongue.png

Phoenix has to go get his teeth done again, very soon, so I've been stashing and saving and stashing and so on. This boy's mouth costs more than my two 2 leggers ever did!
hmm.png

Zookeeper9000.. you need to give that reoccuring flu bug a swooft kick in the pants ..and get better!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom