Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

For tonight's fare: Fresh baked rolls with sesame seeds, chicken marinated all day long in buttermilk, then dredged in freshly ground flour with a twist of salt and mill ground pepper, fresh sun ripened tomatoes and crisp lettuce, topped with a creamy homemade mayonnaise. Our savory starch was potatoes, par boiled, drained, then sliced, double fried, and seasoned while they were still hot from the fryer. McDoanld's, we had Mcdonald's chicken sandwiches and friees, okay?
Sounds Great!

I love you, Blooie
hugs.gif
I was reading that and feeling all inadequate--"Wow, she's going all out for dinner!"......you crack me up!

Chicken thighs here. I think I have some home made peach bbq sauce somewhere, I may try that on them and bake them. Roasted cauliflower and taters. Maybe peach cobbler for dessert.

That sounds like an easier meal than what Ken asked for tonight. Why is it that night after night when we ask them what sounds good for dinner, they say, "Oh, I dunno. Whatever you think." Then that night comes when you don't ask them, decide on simple sammiches, and they come up out of nowhere and say, "You know what sounds good for dinner? Scottish Pasties." Grrrrr Well, pie dough is done, beef, veggie and gravy filling is almost cooled down and the oven is preheating.

Tell her to break a leg!!

We had breakfast for supper, and it was so yummy. Had pie crust left from making the Pasties the other night and decided to use them tonight. Scrambled some eggs with green peppers, onions, chopped bacon. When they were almost done, I stirred in some shredded cheddar. Then I rolled out the pie crusts, cut them into 5 inch circles, filled them with the cooled scrambled egg mixture, folded them over like turnovers, and brushed them with beaten egg and baked at 375 for 40 minutes. At 35 minutes I took them out and put a layer of shredded cheddar on them then popped them back in until the cheese melted. Not too bad!

That sounds good, Blooie!

I have some orange chicken in the crockpot. We've got leftover slaw and pulled pork from last night. May need some more veggie, I'll maybe fix a salad if that's the case. Just making it an easy dinner tonight.

Haggis!! A very, very SMALL amount of haggis. I don't know what else is on the menu, but we are going to the annual Robbie Burns birthday bash in Cody tonight and there's always a big ceremony when they "pipe in the haggis", parade it around on its platter for all to see, then cut it up and serve it with Scotch Whisky. I always take a small bit on a cracker and wash it down with a margarita.....I hate any whisky.
lau.gif
As for the banquet itself, it said it on the invitation but I don't remember what exactly it said. <sigh>

Back
Top Bottom