Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Homemade Chicken Corn Chowder w/Broccoli

Recipe
Couple pounds of frozen or fresh corn, boil briefly to cook. Blend/Puree 3/4 of the corn with a big can of chicken broth in blender until smooth.
Sautee a pound of chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic, onion until cooked through, do not overcook.
Combine pureed corn w/remainder of cooked corn, cut up the chicken, toss it in. Add frozen or canned veggies like broccoli, diced potatoes, carrot slices. Add water or broth to desired consistancy. Season w/sea salt, pepper & my preference is a litttle italian seasonings, or whatever tastes you like.

Simmer 30 minutes or so.

Quote:
We eat those, though I get them out of the bins at the health food store at a fraction of the cost. I looooove them! Another thing we enjoy is the Scottish Oatmeal by Bob's Red Mill. Tasty stuff!

Dinner today is hamburgers.
smile.png

Quote:
We eat those, though I get them out of the bins at the health food store at a fraction of the cost. I looooove them! Another thing we enjoy is the Scottish Oatmeal by Bob's Red Mill. Tasty stuff!

Dinner today is hamburgers.
smile.png

I like Bob's Red Mill products so will have to Scottish Oatmeal too. Yes, I agree health food store bins are cheaper. I only buy my spices at the health food store and they are WAY cheaper.

Tonight tacos with the last of the Prime rib from dinner on Saturday. Tomorrow Martini and Pizza night

Sandee

Hot turkey sandwiches made with the leftover turkey and gravy from the turkey breast we had the other night. Cranberry sauce. We had chinese food from Dragon China the other night, so tonight I also made rice pudding with the leftover rice

Last night was chili dogs. Tonight will be lamb with parsley dumplings, Sat. will be homemade manicotti with a venison, spinach and ricotta filling, with homemade sauce.

Monica

So far the chickens are muddeling through the weather, the roo-eggbert is not happy, his tail is all wet! Dh is going to do something to help them today.

Back
Top Bottom