Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
would love the stew recipe , I love lamb but hubby hates it .I'm always trying to find a way he might like it
thanks!
droolin.gif

Another busy week but had

Meatloaf, baked potato and peas. Added spinach to the meatloaf and I really liked it. Made it real nice and moist.
Shrimp, peas and garlic over Angel hair pasta
Meatloaf sandwich - one of my favorites
Tilapia with Rice Pilaf

Not sure about tonight yet.

Sandee

Let me try & catch up with a few dinners...

-Homemade lasagna with homemade sugar free veggie sauce, pork sausage & italian sausage, bechamel sauce & ricotta/mozzarella fillings
100_4540.JPG
100_4549.JPG

-Bison/Sausage meatballs stuffed with mozzarella in homemade sauce, full salads, broccoli & Penne
100_4555.JPG
100_4619.JPG

-Freedom Ranger Parmesan w/spaghetti, Parmesan bread, broccoli & a full salad
No Photo
-Homemade Whole wheat pizzas with tons of garden fresh peppers & homemade sugar free pizza sauce, pepperoni & pork sausage
100_4521.JPG
100_4489.JPG

-Rigatoni with homemade sugar free creamy veggie tomato sauce & pork sausage topped with Parmesan & fresh parsley & something like foccacia - pizza dough with "other" toppings
100_4477.JPG

-Spinach & pastrami wraps with smoked swiss cheese, red bell peppers, shredded carrots, red & green romaine & diced cucumbers with a balsamic vinegar & olive oil dressing and fresh cracked pepper.
No Photo
and tonight is
-Italian Sausage Veggie Stoup with Ditalini (tiny pasta that looks like beads) that I made previously and took from the freezer yesterday.
100_4551.JPG
100_4552.JPG

Here's a quick pick of 2 weeks worth of sauces & soups, takes about 2 hours to make and then freeze. Notice tonight's stoup on the right in the jars. Pizza sauce in the bags, 1/2 cup and then I just snip the corner & dress the pizza. Spaghetti sauce & the pinkish one is my favorite, a spicy spaghetti w/sour cream to eat fresh that week. I love this new system.
100_4565.JPG

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Quote:
would love the stew recipe , I love lamb but hubby hates it .I'm always trying to find a way he might like it
thanks!
droolin.gif

We had it again tonight. The better half enjoys her lamb this way. I really don't have a recipe, but this is how I made it tonight:

1 lb lamb (stew meat)
1 med onion - sliced long
3 carrots - about 6" long and maybe 3/4" thick - chopped, left round
celery - It must have been close to 3 stalks ( it was really the heart of the celery that I had - leaves and all) - chopped
3 med potatoes - cut into 18pcs per potato - sounds funny, but into med chunks - skins left on
mushrooms - handful -

black pepper - enough to to taste
red flake pepper - - enough to to taste
garlic - - enough to to taste - sometimes I'll slice up 3 - 4 cloves and fry them with the lamb & onions

~1/4 flour - 2 very LARGE TBLS - spilling over size
~1/4 cider vinegar - I just poured it in.............
~ couple TBLS olive oil
a little under 3 cups of water

fry the lamb and onions in the oil as you cut up the rest of the veggies.
When the lamb has "browned" add the vinegar, simmer for about 5 - 8 mins.
Add the rest of the veggies and spices - cook until the veggies are about half way done. - should be much juices left, and a little bit of water if dry.
turn the heat up high, add the flour and mix until everything is coated and nothing is burning.
add the water, continue to mix, bring to boil, turn heat down to simmer. simmer for about an hour or until all veggies are cooked.

I usually make egg dumplings

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 flour
1 tsb salt ( I use 1/2 tbs - it's not my recipe - it's from a German cook book)
mix all together.

When the stew is done, bring to boil and with large tablespoon worth, drop into the stew. cook till done about 12 - 18 mins.
Enjoy
Kaj
Time to go hunt down the left overs...............................

Quote:
thanks!
droolin.gif

have you tried different lamb? We get the breed that starts with a "T". It has a tan face instead of the black or white. It is a lot milder in taste. Our neighbor raise it for us.

Kaj

My goodness you guys are making some wonderful dishes! I love all the pictures and recipes. Thanks so much!

sourland - Yes, there is a cure for the addiction. You need to go on vacation somewhere other than Italy and get addicted to a new regional food.
wink.png
I love travel and I love the food that I taste at these places. I think it's amazing that you've brought home new traditions. I do the same. We love both fondue (Switzerland) and Chicago Dogs (Chicago, of course). They couldn't be more different from one another, but each carries great memories of vacations we'll never forget.

Dinner tonight - Grilled Steaks with sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes with all the fixin's, and salad.

Last edited:
Last night was something simple but something that I really like especially when its cold outside. A BIG baked potato with a bunch of butter and sour cream. And, of course the skin with more butter and sour cream!
droolin.gif

Backyardbuddies I'm not lucky like yourself to travel and have the food prepared for me - so I have to resort to cookbooks and I do try different things just to see what they are like and if they are good then I add to my personal recipe book. I would love to travel even within the United States and taste the different Regional food - I have always wanted to taste the food they make in New Orleans and the Carolina's

Sandee

Quote:
You must have been in Southern Italy. Try northern Italy cuisine, or even Provence. Or move south to North Africa and get addicted to harissa and tagines...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom