Hey there! Newly minted chicken lady delurking to introduce the girls

Welcome to BYC!
Odd mix! Did tractor supply have a sale? I love the "left overs"
A couple of years ago, I gave my best friends granddaughter a TS gift certificate so she could buy chicks, for her 10th birthday. She was so cute, they sold her all their left overs, from the week prior, for her $25 gift card. She ended up with over 40 chicks. Her parents were not excited.🤣
Yes actually, the leghorns were a week old when she went, she got them all for a dollar a piece.

2 of our wyandottes and the jerseys came the next weekend when we had to go pick up hardware cloth, and the kahki's, 2 more wyandottes and the brahma / bantam were the week after that on feed pickup. 😆

Each time I swore we were not getting birds, and each time there were more birds coming home lol. 🐣🐓🦆

I've promised her we can add one or two more next season, but I'm done raising little biddies for now, those ducks were a handful... So cute, but so very messy.

I love the tractor supply gift card, truly the gift that keeps on giving. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_124643992.jpg
    IMG_20220624_124643992.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220624_124712142.jpg
    IMG_20220624_124712142.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 1
Glad to meet you. I enjoyed your introduction, and love your term, chickeneer! Look at it this way: with chicken math, you probably would have gotten to that number eventually. Your daughter just sped up the process. Best wishes with your birds and all your plans!
Lol, thank you, I didn't realize chicken math was a thing, apparently she's just naturally gifted at chicken addition. 😁

Back
Top Bottom