Heyo!!!

ReapingWillow

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2019
Michigan
Hey everyone :frow, my name is Charles and I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm a Michigander here who has recently gotten into raising fowl. It all started with building my own incubator earlier this year and collecting a dozen eggs from a local farmer. Only two hatched unfortunately and both were roosters :thhaha. Along with my hatched roosters, both of Ameraucana lineage, I purchased 4 Ameraucana pullets from Townline to create a healthy flock. I have since dispatched of one of the roosters, aggressive, and added two Amberlink hens to my flock to replace the one rooster and a pullet that passed earlier on. Although my short journey so far has, like many others, been bumpy, I am proud to say that two of my hens have begun laying. :wee:wootIt is so rewarding to be able to go out and find some fresh eggs haah. Although my journey with chickens have just started, I am soon to start another journey, in two to four days in fact. I have changed some things and updated my incubator and in there are 22 cotournix quail eggs :ya YaY! One of my fav birds. Basically I'm expecting some quail chicks to hatch in the next four days. I have been browsing BYC throughout my journey with fowl and even before it. I figured it was about time to join the community haha. Thanks for having me everyone!:thumbsup

Hey everyone :frow, my name is Charles and I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm a Michigander here who has recently gotten into raising fowl. It all started with building my own incubator earlier this year and collecting a dozen eggs from a local farmer. Only two hatched unfortunately and both were roosters :thhaha. Along with my hatched roosters, both of Ameraucana lineage, I purchased 4 Ameraucana pullets from Townline to create a healthy flock. I have since dispatched of one of the roosters, aggressive, and added two Amberlink hens to my flock to replace the one rooster and a pullet that passed earlier on. Although my short journey so far has, like many others, been bumpy, I am proud to say that two of my hens have begun laying. :wee:wootIt is so rewarding to be able to go out and find some fresh eggs haah. Although my journey with chickens have just started, I am soon to start another journey, in two to four days in fact. I have changed some things and updated my incubator and in there are 22 cotournix quail eggs :ya YaY! One of my fav birds. Basically I'm expecting some quail chicks to hatch in the next four days. I have been browsing BYC throughout my journey with fowl and even before it. I figured it was about time to join the community haha. Thanks for having me everyone!:thumbsup
Great introduction! Tough luck on your first hatch...figures they'd both be roos! Excited to hear about your next hatch! Feel free to share some pics if you want, we all love pics!
:ya:welcome:ya

Back
Top Bottom