Hi everyone

Kernow Kemp

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 4, 2014
I have 9 eggs incubating, one has hatched but the rest seem to be doing not a great deal, it is 21 days today, one little chick popped out early, can I expect anymore even some later than 21 days or have I struck out and they have died in the eggs. I don't want to open the incubator in fear of disturbing the prosess, any advice would be lovely

AHHHH! The dreaded wait
fl.gif
. I just went through the same thing. The magical 21 is a guideline. What breed(s) are you hatching? Some take longer than others. Also what time did you set your eggs?

For example: I set my eggs at 10pm on April 6th. Therefore the eggs were not due to hatch until April 27th around 10pm. I just had one (and I think it's the last) hatch at 5am this morning. (It's 5:30am here now.) So, some are later than others. I did open my incubator yesterday to remove all the other chicks and I candled a few eggs. Good luck with yours! Let me know how it turns out.
big_smile.png

I totally agree with Outpost!! The dreaded waiting game :barnie Certainly more could hatch, it would be just too easy if they all popped out at the same time, they like you do some nail biting!!
Your hatched chick should also now encourage the others to get a move on. Chirping from hatched chicks does encourage them. Mother hen would cluck away at her eggs in encouragement. I've been caught a few times chirping at eggs on lockdown :oops:

Good luck with your eggs :fl

Last edited:
Hi & thank you for the reply, I have a Buff Orpington rooster, one speckledy grey, one Bluebell and three warrens, a bit of a mixture, it's good to have some reassurance that I'm not now incubating eight rotten eggs. Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom