hi from the confused english man

thanks for the info peeps....i just had this horrible thought of being over run with 10ton of chicken... sorry (poo) being a newby to this game we have these mad moments of fear

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome from NJ. I too recommend composting-- chicken poop, even liquified into 'tea' form, is too 'hot' for direct application to most plants.

Welcome Andy boo----

If the chook-poo tea were to be too "hot" and kill the grass and flowers...wouldn't your girlfriend get mad? ;O) Do a google search on 'roly pig'. Get a roly pig for the garden, and let the poop mature.

Do you mix with bedding. or wood shavings or anything, or are you just talking about the poop in the garden? I empty my poop-tray daily into a big tub -- could be like a garbage can here or a dust bin there... and then from there to the compost. The stuff is mixed with shavings. In about 6-months it will go into the garden/flower beds.

The challenges of chickens can be as endless as the fun they provide!

Hi Andy!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!
jumpy.gif
You've gotten some great answers. I've heard too, that you need to "age" the poo before putting in on your plants. Besides the messy part, enjoy your girls.
thumbsup.gif

thats it guys and girls the tea idea is well out the window i cant kill off whats left of the garden'cant go upseting the lovely long haired one who must be obayed .composting it is then (i dont mean composting the girlfriend i do mean the poo honest)
big_smile.png
on a different note even the wildlife is geting a bashing now r.i.p mr froggy who used to live in the pond
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom