High Desert, California!!

I'm sad if no one uses this thread anymore! I just moved here and would love to meet some fellow chicken peeps! :)

I'm sad if no one uses this thread anymore! I just moved here and would love to meet some fellow chicken peeps! :)

I was hoping to use this thread too. Maybe it’ll get going again with a little persistence☺️ I’m brand new to the world of backyard chickens. We get our baby chicks in just under two weeks! We’re located in the Antelope Valley (high desert).

We haven't ordered any yet, we just moved into our new home, and aren't set up at all yet. Do you have pasture for them to roam on? We're all dirt over here.

We haven't ordered any yet, we just moved into our new home, and aren't set up at all yet. Do you have pasture for them to roam on? We're all dirt over here.

Oh I wish we had a pasture!! We have plenty of dirt and bugs for them, and I plan on growing grass in a small area so they will get a taste. How many chickens are you looking to get? Have you had chickens before??

Oh I wish we had a pasture!! We have plenty of dirt and bugs for them, and I plan on growing grass in a small area so they will get a taste. How many chickens are you looking to get? Have you had chickens before??

We will probably start with meat birds, so we might get 40 or 50. Not sure yet. We plan to do the same thing. We want to do a moving chicken tractor, so we need to figure our how much pasture we need to plant to be able to move the coop each day.

Back
Top Bottom