High Desert, California!!

Can you believe this hatching on 1st April 2016

Would a day to hatch on
lau.gif

gander007
old.gif

I'm looking to buy two marans, welsummers or barnvelder hens, aged between 6-12 months. I am looking to add chocolate egg layers to a small flock. Anyone got any available? I am willing to pay well :)

Hi everyone. While im tecnically la county im up in the high desert all the time. My aunt lives in pinion hills. So im up there at least once a month is not more. Does anyone have any fertle eggs? My hen is broody again. Im not picky but would LOVE crested cream legbars, polish, or lavendar orpingtons. I have a cream legbar roo but no where to set him up to make barnyard babies.

Hello, I'm a Hesperian too. Moved up here in 2010 from DTH ( El Monte to be exact). A few months back, some of my next door neighbor's chickens kept migrating to my backyard that he had to come by to get them. He ended up selling those runaway chickens to me. As I didn't have a chicken coop built in my yard yet, I just let them free-ranging around my acre property. Then one morning when I got out to go feed the chickens, I was shocked to find all of them (4) lying dead on the ground. Twas a very sad scene, I can't even describe how graphic their conditions were. Apparently, some predator came the night before to attack my poor chickens. After that horrible experience, I decided to build a chicken coop which is about done, I just have to build an enclosure for their run. Hope to learn more about chickens here and successfully raising them as I am a total beginner.

I am in the Baldy Mesa area and would like advise. Is it too late in the year to start a coop? Have an area that is part of an old horse stall I am going to close in and build a coop. Thinking it might be too late unless I can find adult chickens. Any advise would be appreciated. Any possible source of chickens also needed.

Hello, I'm a Hesperian too. Moved up here in 2010 from DTH ( El Monte to be exact). A few months back, some of my next door neighbor's chickens kept migrating to my backyard that he had to come by to get them. He ended up selling those runaway chickens to me. As I didn't have a chicken coop built in my yard yet, I just let them free-ranging around my acre property. Then one morning when I got out to go feed the chickens, I was shocked to find all of them (4) lying dead on the ground. Twas a very sad scene, I can't even describe how graphic their conditions were. Apparently, some predator came the night before to attack my poor chickens. After that horrible experience, I decided to build a chicken coop which is about done, I just have to build an enclosure for their run. Hope to learn more about chickens here and successfully raising them as I am a total beginner.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

I am going to ask you to please go to the New Members Forum and say hello to everyone and be welcomed into the flock and you can get all kinds of free help with any of your poultry problems and so sorry about your birds .

I am in the Baldy Mesa area and would like advise. Is it too late in the year to start a coop? Have an area that is part of an old horse stall I am going to close in and build a coop. Thinking it might be too late unless I can find adult chickens. Any advise would be appreciated. Any possible source of chickens also needed.

Alright I see you are a first time member so I will say
welcome-byc.gif
and great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

If you could go to the New Members Forum and say hello to all the members and allow them to say welcome back at ya you might be surprised at all the help you can get here on BYC
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom