High Desert, California!!

Hi, I live in Phelan and I took my first run at chickens this past year. I got 4 chicks, we lost one very early on and we raised the other 3. Problem is, we only wanted hens but got 2 roosters and one hen. We culled one rooster as they were trying to kill each other at just 4 months old. Now we have two chickens, one Barred Rock and the other Australoop. Boy and Girl. I love the girl, she is sweet and a great layer. We keep them in a 12 x 12 pen with a nice coop inside. I really don't want the roo anymore but as flock birds I can't let the hen be alone, is there anyone willing to trade the two I have for 2 hens? I don't want to take the chance to raising chicks again only to end up with more boys.

That is common as hens are harder to raise then roosters and yes I have raised many roosters to have to in the end send them to camp freezer but if you would like I live near Ridgecrest and travel to Loma Linda every month and if you would like I could sell you a young lady or lady's at a fair price if you would like but I would need to meet you near the 395 if that is alright with you .......

That would be good! I could drive to meet you. Since I'm new at this, could I keep my girl and get another girl w/o creating problems for conflict and illness? Or would it be best to give them both up and start with 2 new girls?

That would be good! I could drive to meet you. Since I'm new at this, could I keep my girl and get another girl w/o creating problems for conflict and illness? Or would it be best to give them both up and start with 2 new girls?

I do not give up my lady's as I grow so fond of each one over time but when I get a new one to add to the flock I normally put the new addition in a small cage and let all the chickens get use to each other over a week or more before putting them together the next step is up to the chickens to establish a pecking order .........

My next set appointment for Loma Linda will be in three weeks so there is plenty of time to get ready for the new comer and the next question will be how old of a girl will you be looking for as I do have some from fourteen weeks to just over a year then I also have a difference in the color of the hens ........

This is good news! Let me talk to my husband and let you know. Addie our Australoop is nearing a year so younger is good. Do you want to take Shelden the Roo after I put the girls together for good? Could you give him a home or do we need to take care of him?

I do not give up my lady's as I grow so fond of each one over time but when I get a new one to add to the flock I normally put the new addition in a small cage and let all the chickens get use to each other over a week or more before putting them together the next step is up to the chickens to establish a pecking order .........

My next set appointment for Loma Linda will be in three weeks so there is plenty of time to get ready for the new comer and the next question will be how old of a girl will you be looking for as I do have some from fourteen weeks to just over a year then I also have a difference in the color of the hens ........
Hi, I would really like to meet you for this- I sent you a message with my cell number. Can we talk some more about it? Thank you!

Hi Gander007, since I haven't heard anything in a couple days, have you changed your mind? If you have, I understand, just let me know as I need to find a solution to have more hens. Thanks.

Hi Gander007, since I haven't heard anything in a couple days, have you changed your mind? If you have, I understand, just let me know as I need to find a solution to have more hens. Thanks.

Oh so sorry I have been working out in the yard on some vehicles and key boards and grease don't go well together ...
sad.png

I am going to be sending you a couple of photos tomorrow of a few of my lady's and one is black with slate colored legs but she is a great egg produced but she just needs a loving home as she follows me around like a little puppy and thinks all my chips and dip are for her and her other problem is she was used to catch bugs in my shop so she thinks I am her friend .....
smack.gif

I will let you pick out any other girls you would like .....
D.gif

So sorry for being so busy and did not get back to you sooner
th.gif

gander007
old.gif

Ok that sounds good! Did you get my private message with my cell? You can text the pics if you want, if its easier. Do you think you could sell 2? Then also, as far as which lady's you can part with, we have a nice size "aviary" for them, completely protected from wild animals, it's about 12 x 12 and has a nice warm wood coop in it. We visit them now and then by bringing in chairs and sitting and feeding them, but since we have an outside dog, we can't let them "run the yard" so to speak. They are in the fenced area during the day and at night they go into the warm safety of the coop. We built everything to comfortably accommodate 3. Anyway, which ever ladies you think would do well here will be wonderful for us.

Ok that sounds good! Did you get my private message with my cell? You can text the pics if you want, if its easier. Do you think you could sell 2? Then also, as far as which lady's you can part with, we have a nice size "aviary" for them, completely protected from wild animals, it's about 12 x 12 and has a nice warm wood coop in it. We visit them now and then by bringing in chairs and sitting and feeding them, but since we have an outside dog, we can't let them "run the yard" so to speak. They are in the fenced area during the day and at night they go into the warm safety of the coop. We built everything to comfortably accommodate 3. Anyway, which ever ladies you think would do well here will be wonderful for us.

Yes I got the private letter and I will get to it this evening and I am so sorry about being so slow on getting back to you and it sounds like you have a wonderful aviary for the lady's and I will be getting the photos out to you this evening and the black chicken will be producing about 5 eggs a week for you and the color will be a blue green , and the other will be 16 to 20 weeks old and I will pick a couple of the girls and you can pick from them the one you will enjoy ......

Back
Top Bottom