High Desert, California!!

8 week old chicks EE mix ..

Molted Houdan 10 weeks

Nice face too ...

EE chicks 3 weeks old and live outside .....

Chicks going up for Sale soon if interested just say so
yippiechickie.gif

I am in the Whittier area till the 7th. I will be headed back to Las Vegas via the 15. I am looking for Silkie, Fizzle or Sizzle chicks in any color other than white. I am also looking for female coturnix quail. If anyone has them please let me know. Thank you...

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my future husband and I are escaping the city and moving to the high desert, although I'll still be commuting to San Diego once or twice a week for work. We just recently bought a house in Morongo Valley with 5 acres we plan on converting into a small ranch. I've never had anything other than a dog so I'm going to have plenty of questions!

It's been a long while since I've been on the chicken forums as we had an insecure run and a coyote got all of our birds more than two years ago. It took us some time but we built a "Taj Ma-Coop" for the chickens and finished the run about a month ago when a friend asked if we wanted her three Welsummers. That prompted us to get some Marans' hatching eggs and over the last few days we hatched out 3 Silver Birchen Marans (one cockerel, two pullets), 3 Blue Coppers, and 2 Black Coppers with short third toes. Since I really want to breed them, the blacks are a disappointment. However since all along I've wanted Black Coppers for eggs and breeding I'm not going to give up; I'll just need to get them from another source.

Looking forward to chatting with you and seeing what you all have. We would like a large, varied flock. :)

We are in Inyokern, FWIW.

It's been a long while since I've been on the chicken forums as we had an insecure run and a coyote got all of our birds more than two years ago. It took us some time but we built a "Taj Ma-Coop" for the chickens and finished the run about a month ago when a friend asked if we wanted her three Welsummers. That prompted us to get some Marans' hatching eggs and over the last few days we hatched out 3 Silver Birchen Marans (one cockerel, two pullets), 3 Blue Coppers, and 2 Black Coppers with short third toes. Since I really want to breed them, the blacks are a disappointment. However since all along I've wanted Black Coppers for eggs and breeding I'm not going to give up; I'll just need to get them from another source.

Looking forward to chatting with you and seeing what you all have. We would like a large, varied flock. :)

We are in Inyokern, FWIW.

Yes the Coyote's are a problem along with the Fox and Bob-Cats and I loose a bit till I added some Guinea to the flock but I loose them from time to time too but a good fence is the best bet .....

The fence in the back ground goe's all the way around the yard but the smaller animals still get in and the bigger one's just dig and move the large rocks I have by the fence ....

Are you getting you chicks from the feed store on Inyokern Rd by the 395 free way ????

Back
Top Bottom