High Desert, California!!

We are in the desert sw (Bouse, AZ) near Blythe, CA....lookin for about a dozen easter egger or americauna chicks.....any ideas? Can't seem to find any

I'm looking for an older pullet, preferably 4-8 months old. Not too fussy about breed, I just need to increase by backyard flock by a youngster, since a few of the old girls have passed on. I an in Acton, and relatively close would be nice :)

just giving everyone who lives in Hesperia a heads up.

Attention:
Residents of Hesperia, CA
Protect Your Animals and Maintain Your Agricultural Rights!

On April 8th 2015, the Hesperia City Council Advisory Committee met and discussed a proposed revision of the current Animal Keeping Ordinance. Their intention is to provide a recommendation to the City Council that could drastically alter animal keeping regulations.

Due to numerous complaints Animal Control receives on a daily basis regarding dogs, roosters, horses, cattle, sheep and chickens, the Advisory Committee proposes that the City Council of Hesperia revise and reduce the number of animals residents are allowed to keep on their own property-- even it is zoned as agricultural land or A-1. This would bypass any rights that have been grandfathered in over time.
Ultimately, this new proposal will affect any in Hesperia who own dogs, cats, chickens, horses and all large and small livestock. Those that own dogs, cats and chickens will be affected immediately.

The next city council meeting reviewing this proposed change will be held on April 21st, 2015.

SO STAND NOW! VOICE YOUR OPINIONS AND CONCERNS REGARDING THIS CHANGE OVER OUR PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OUR RIGHTS AS CITIZENS! DON'T LET THEM FINALIZE THIS DECISION!

HESPERIA ANIMAL CONTROL: (760) 947-1700
CITY OF HESPERIA: (760) 941-1000

i started a committee to combat this join here if you have facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/398175020386638/?fref=nf
already at 150 members and growing

Attention:

On April 8th 2015, the Hesperia City Council Advisory Committee met and discussed a proposed revision of the current Animal Keeping Ordinance. Their intention is to provide a recommendation to the City Council that could drastically alter animal keeping regulations.

Due to numerous complaints Animal Control receives on a daily basis regarding dogs, roosters, horses, cattle, sheep and chickens, the Advisory Committee proposes that the City Council of Hesperia revise and reduce the number of animals residents are allowed to keep on their own property-- even it is zoned as agricultural land or A-1. This would bypass any rights that have been grandfathered in over time.
Ultimately, this new proposal will affect any in Hesperia who own dogs, cats, chickens, horses and all large and small livestock. Those that own dogs, cats and chickens will be affected immediately.

The next city council meeting reviewing this proposed change will be held on April 21st, 2015.

SO STAND NOW! VOICE YOUR OPINIONS AND CONCERNS REGARDING THIS CHANGE OVER OUR PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OUR RIGHTS AS CITIZENS! DON'T LET THEM FINALIZE THIS DECISION!

I'm not in your area, but I hope you have a favorable outcome.

Attention:

Do You Know The Out Come I Missed It Because I Was Out Of town

I am at the Hesperia city hall at the meeting. We will see what they say at the end cross your fingers.

Well they said the are not going to be changing zoning and they have been miss quoted. But a lot of people seem to be bringing in documentations that says otherwise. I don't know what to really say about it other then what they said about there not change zoning.

Hopefully that's true. Crossing fingers.

Last edited:
I am moving to Oak Hills, CA. Are chickens allowed there? Do they have the same ordinances as Hesperia? I could find the info there but nothing for Oak Hills, specifically.

I am moving to Oak Hills, CA. Are chickens allowed there? Do they have the same ordinances as Hesperia? I could find the info there but nothing for Oak Hills, specifically.

Hi! I also live in oak hills, I moved here last summer. Yes, chickens are allowed. No, hesperia ordinances do not cover us. We are unincorporated so San Bernardino county regulations apply here. I'll try to find the link to the county stuff, but i think I remember it boils down to 1 chicken per 2000 sq ft. For 2.5 acre lot, that comes to about 55 chickens, but only two can be roosters.
I started my flock this spring and we have 10 currently although 7 are cockerels, so I will have a much smaller flock soon.

Edit:
http://cms.sbcounty.gov/lus/Planning/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx
After looking at that again, it appears to limit any given variety of bird to 9 females and 2 males, so I guess 11 chickens are allowed? That seems really wierd, since in Hesperia proper you could have 150 chickens in the same amount of area (with correct zoning).
Hope I'm reading that wrong! I want a bigger flock!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom