Highlight light brown color on white bresse?

My Bresse cockerel has a highlighted vaguely light brown color on the top part, is this common? Its not pure white.View attachment 2502368
My rooster the cream color show up when the bird getting around 1 year. If you are lucky, the bared white (WHI
My Bresse cockerel has a highlighted vaguely light brown color on the top part, is this common? Its not pure white.View attachment 2502368
My rooster cream back color shown up around 8 months old. If you ever has barred (white strips & cream strips pattern), keep it. I regretted butch that rooster few years ago due to the rooster fight among themselves.

I would agree that the color you're seeing is just brassiness/leakage. It can be caused from sunlight, high percentage of corn in their feed, genetics, or a combination of the above. I wouldn't be overly concerned with it in a breed developed specifically for the table. If you're planning on showing wait until after a molt and see if the feathers come in white, or if the new feathers display that color.

Has anyone tried putting a no crow collar on a Bresse rooster? When my Bresse rooster first started to crow, I put a no crow collar on him. I used the same velcro collar i used on Heritage breeds last year, and everything was okay. One day he had a lot of mucus on his neck feathers, so I gave him a break and took off the collar. Two weeks latter, I put the same collar back on him and the collar seem short. His neck got thicker?

Back
Top Bottom