Hmm.. Is this okay?!

TinyTotsSeramas

Songster
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Smithsburg
one of my JG hens laid eggs for about a week an I havent gotten a single egg in 3 weeks... Is this normal? Bigger question is this healthy?! Their 20ish weeks (Both hatched mid April)...

Did the hen just start laying recently? If so, it's normal to have them "mess up' their laying schedule from time to time
smile.png

Ilovemyladies! :

Did the hen just start laying recently? If so, it's normal to have them "mess up' their laying schedule from time to time
smile.png

Yeah she just started laying in October.
I had a feeling that would be a case but you still get a little worried when its your own lol
Thank you!​

Ilovemyladies! :

You do get VERY worried when it's your own
smile.png
My hen stopped laying after a week and it's now been 2 months!!
smile.png

wow! 2 months?! what breed is she? Im thinking it might have happened because my girl is a Jersey Giant and was "more mature" then her sister who is the same age as her so now she's stopped to try an mature more on the pace she should be.​

My most favorite girl "Sally the First" gave me my first ever home grown egg about a month ago and nothing since. My second best girl "Sally the Second" sang the eg song a couple days ago, but all for show. I don't really expect another egg until spring.
93695_img_1254.jpg

Back
Top Bottom