Hmm.. Is this okay?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Nov 4, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    one of my JG hens laid eggs for about a week an I havent gotten a single egg in 3 weeks... Is this normal? Bigger question is this healthy?! Their 20ish weeks (Both hatched mid April)...

2. Ilovemyladies!

Ilovemyladies! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Hills of Kentucky
    Did the hen just start laying recently? If so, it's normal to have them "mess up' their laying schedule from time to time [​IMG]

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Ilovemyladies! :

Did the hen just start laying recently? If so, it's normal to have them "mess up' their laying schedule from time to time [​IMG]

Yeah she just started laying in October.
    I had a feeling that would be a case but you still get a little worried when its your own lol
    Thank you!​

4. Ilovemyladies!

Jul 10, 2011
    Hills of Kentucky
    You do get VERY worried when it's your own [​IMG] My hen stopped laying after a week and it's now been 2 months!! [​IMG]

5. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Ilovemyladies! :

You do get VERY worried when it's your own [​IMG] My hen stopped laying after a week and it's now been 2 months!! [​IMG]

wow! 2 months?! what breed is she? Im thinking it might have happened because my girl is a Jersey Giant and was "more mature" then her sister who is the same age as her so now she's stopped to try an mature more on the pace she should be.​

6. Ilovemyladies!

Jul 10, 2011
    Hills of Kentucky
    She's a Golden Comet. Hopefully she'll start laying again!!!!! [​IMG]

7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    My most favorite girl "Sally the First" gave me my first ever home grown egg about a month ago and nothing since. My second best girl "Sally the Second" sang the eg song a couple days ago, but all for show. I don't really expect another egg until spring.
    [​IMG]

8. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    funny how some hens work! Im not too worried about eggs. I could honestly care less if they ever give me eggs! i just love them!

9. Ilovemyladies!

Jul 10, 2011
    Hills of Kentucky
    Our egg season is coming to an end also.
    And the 4 dozen eggs in my fridge show how much I care about eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by