Hmmmmm, what hatches from a golf ball??!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Scrambled Egg, Sep 8, 2008.

1. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    I have a plastic ice cube that I am thinking about sticking under her... but I bet she will just move to the next nesting box! I took a picture of my crazy bird today when I took her off the nest. She puffs up trying to look all huge. she is a bantam cochin and looks twice her size!

check her out today!

[​IMG]

2. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Songster

I have a 22 wk old silkie who was sitting on golf balls. We took those away and now she is sitting in the next box on nothing. I take her out two to three times a day and put her on the roost at night. This is week two and she still will not give up. I feel bad for her but we do not have a roo. She is very sweet and loves to be carried around but will not stop sitting
    [​IMG]

3. hickerbillies

hickerbillies In the Brooder

Sep 3, 2008
    Salem
    Hi everyone, we're new to BYC. W seen this forum & had to check it out.... So glad we did, because we have a funny story to add. Our goose was acting funny this spring so we followed her around thinking she had a nest of eggs hidden, sure enough she took us to her nest & sat on it. So we ran & got the flashlight & to our surprise the goose lifted herself up proud & showed us her nest of a MASON JAR. She had a mason jar all tucked up under her, she sat on that jar close to a month.. We felt so bad for her that we went & bought her a goosling to mother. [​IMG]

4. too much fun

too much fun Songster

May 4, 2008
    Happy Valley, Utah
    Quote:We have refered to them as "Pony Eggs"

5. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    if it weren't coming into winter, I might considered getting her some eggs to hatch at this point.. but it's cold out thereat night and in the mornings now.

funny mason jar story!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    Corydon, Indiana
    Quote:Oh my goodness! and YUCK! and, at least it was horse not dog poo! Shudder

That's disgusting!

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    Corydon, Indiana
    On a serious note (really), I wonder if a tomato will break a broody?

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:Just saw this!!! ROTFLMBO!!!!! Maybe she was trying to hatch some hot salsa from that jar?! Poor thing, that is funny and sad at the same time!!! My goofy broody sat on nothing for a couple of days and then, thank goodness, she gave up that annoying clucking and the whole broody business. You were thoughtful to get yours a baby, I can't have anymore, one over my limit now already or I would have done that too..although when I told my husband that he said then what would you do when the others went broody?! See how easy it would be to have more, and more and more!!! [​IMG]

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    And what's wrong with more?
    [​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Too funny Darlene! I haven't had a broody yet but I've been watching to see if someone decides to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: