Hmmmmm, what hatches from a golf ball??!!!

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Found one of my Barred Rocks in the nesting box this morning after she had spent the entire night proudly sitting on a clutch of 5 golf balls!!!!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
Poor little thing, she had those golf balls smokin hot when I took her out of that box and sat her on the ground to cool her jets a bit!!!!! Well I left and went to work..tonight, Ms. Persistence had gathered the golf balls back and had added a few actual eggs to her never-to-be baby brood!! I have no rooster not only would she have to be broken hearted over the golfballs but the eggs would never hatch either!
gig.gif
gig.gif
She made some interesting growly noises and had her feathers puffed out making her look like a little sumu wrestler! I carried her around a bit and let her run around in the yard with the others a few minutes and hopefully her hormones will settle down and she will give up the mothering urge!!! I could tell her they go through the terrible twos, become hysterical teenagers and then leave home anyway but she didn't really seem too in the mood to care what I said...sooooo, I'll probably find her in the nesting box in the morning...sadly wondering why the crazy woman that feeds her took away the golf balls!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Haha, I have a 2 yr old Bantam Cochin hen currently trying to hatch 2 golf balls!
lol.png

Thankfully silkieluver_07 is going to give her some real eggs to try and hatch. I don't want any baby golf balls running around my chicken run!

This always makes me really sad. Like I wish I'd let every dog I ever had, have puppies, and every chicken have chicks. They're so sweet and good. Sob.

It is sad in a way....poor little thing. I had to re-home my roo last year so no fetile eggs here ..plus, I have my city ordained limit on chickens..
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom