Holy cow! My coop is hosed! Snowstorm related....

I grew up about halfway between you and Chicago, spent my first 30 years there. I only remember one time it snowed that badly, about 1966.

ep.gif
And I was wondering why some people didn't get excited about snow! Hah! Here's my answer! I hope things turn out alright!!! Good luck thsi winter.

Having a problem uploading one of my uploads.
69877_christmas_wreath_snow.jpg
AND what happened to my Avatar?

That was a "trip" something was happening with AOL I guess. Could not upload. FINALLY.
This is our coop ready for the Holidays. Regards, Aria

We had a snow like that last December in KS -- 2 feet of blowing snow over a 36 hour period. I was snowed in for nearly a week because we couldn't get the car out the driveway. My DH was able to get out with the 4WD truck thank goodness. I didn't have chickens at that time, but I bet the coop would have been a disaster. It is pretty tight, but of course there has to be ventilation.

I got to thinking what I would do if that happened to my girls. I guess I would bring down the smaller tractor coop and put it in the garage for them. The car would have to live in the shed. If it were protected from the elements, it would be fine for a short period of time. Thanks for reminding me to have a plan b just in case.

Wow. Shudder.

Back
Top Bottom