Holy cow! My coop is hosed! Snowstorm related....

Bearsfan

Songster
10 Years
Oct 21, 2009
Hannibal, MO
I now have eight chickens in boxes in my garage due to this snowstorm. I thought I had this thing ready for winter......
hmm.png

I wish I had pics of the chickens in there, they were pathetic. They were covered in snow and hiding in the nest boxes. The wife and I just did what we are referring to as "The Great Chicken Rescue of 2010".

Laugh with me, cry with me, ect....
-
-
-
-
-
Oh whatever, here's the picks.

IMG_9815.jpg

IMG_9818.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9822.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg

OMG!!!! that is insane....how are your chickens??

at least they will be ok in the garage until you figure things out.

Last edited:
I'm in IL. near Rochelle.

The girls are fine right now, but my coop is not going to be hospitable for a while. I've got to get cracking on something in the garage temporarily.

The snow is really quite bad and as far as I can tell it came in through the one open vent in the top near the roof. That vent is to the south and the wind is from the north, but it does not seem to matter.....

To add some more fun to this situation, my clothes dryer quit working. I thought that maybe the lint trap was just not in all the way. I pulled the trap and it was completely packed with snow also.
roll.png

Oh wow, you guys are really being hit hard ehh. sorry about your troubles, hope you find a solution soon, as for your dryer, unplug it move it away and let it dry up, Dh said if its not too bad it will likely work again once everything dries up on the inside. the only way it will not work is if it fried. Its worth a try!!

Back
Top Bottom