homeless sleeping in coop

Status
Not open for further replies.
signs were gotten this evening and padlocks were gotten. we are following the police advise. there will be a lawful stop put to it. no matter where any of us stand on this topic i dont think anyone would feel good about it going on. my place is isolated and i like it that way most of the time. the police have made contact with us just a few min ago and have a plan and effort to stop it so i wont be sitting on top of the house tonight.

Quote:
Depends on why they are homeless. Plenty of people who are homeless are mentally "right" and there are plenty of shark lawyers who will take the case on if they think it has a hope of succeeding for nothing more than a big % of anything gained. These are the types who chase ambulances. With their numbers plastered on billboards, even a homeless person could find them for the "free consultation" many of them offer. I wouldn't risk it.

I feel for you in having to deal with this. I have to respectfully disagree with anyone that is telling you to confront them and let them know it is NOT ok for them to do what they're doing.
NEVER confront someone you don't know, ESPECIALLY when they are breaking the law! You do NOT know what they are capable of and desperate times call for desperate measures--THEY are at a desperate time in their life if they are homeless & hungry. By calling the police, you are letting them know that it is not acceptable for them to be where they are.
The way I see it, they have already established themselves as criminals. The laws they have broken, just by your own account, are:
Trespassing
Breaking and Entering
Theft of property
Destruction of personal property
That's just to name a few. And I hate to bring up a worse side of this, but are you aware that a lot of homeless people carry weapons--maybe homemade ones, but weapons, nonetheless--for their own safety & security? (Seriously...if you were homeless, wouldn't you?)
The absolute last thing you want to do is confront someone in their situation...
I wish you safety & good luck in resolving this situation.

Quote:
Glad to hear there is a plan of action. Hope you your sense of safe and secure returns to you soon.

maybe they are so desperate that they cant think straight. maybe being hungry and homeless can do that to you.. try to get them help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom