Homemade incubator liner? :)

Amy's Animals

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Southern Oregon
I got this idea after seeing some ads featuring incubators with disposable liners, maybe you've seen ones like it or own one. So I was thinking, could I make my own? After a particularly messy hatch, I learned that it is virtually impossible to clean styrofoam! Liners would make it so much more easy!
I have a very basic, Little Giant "still air", incubator. I was thinking of taking the wire rack out (were the eggs lay upon) and dump the water out of the water tray and line the entire bottom with saran wrap, including the water trays, and just fill the water trays back up on top of the saran wrap. Then, when the hatch is over with, grab the saran by the corners and just pull it out and dispose of it and line is with a fresh liner of saran wrap. Has anyone ever tried this idea or one similar to it? Does it work? Thank you
jumpy.gif

Sounds like a great idea,I would not know why it would not work.Just make sure you are not covering up any vent holes if there are any on the bottom of the incubator.I was thinking there were a few holes on the bottom of a LG incubator for ventilation but I'm not totally sure. Good Luck!

If i was going to use saran wrap i would put the wire mesh back in so chicks would not be standing and walking on the slick saran just a thought to prevent spraddle leg.sojono.

Quote:
I think that she was saying that she would take the wire out and then put it back in after she had the saran wrap put down, but at any point that sounds great and I am gonna try it, I set my next batch in about 5 days!!

I really dont know why it wouldnt work, instead of puncturing the holes in the saran wrap I am just going to cut a circle out so that the saran wrap wont be able to possibly block the holes during incubation.

Quote:
I pluged my holes on the bottom and it has not affected my hatches

I did this so I could fill the whole bottom with water

Back
Top Bottom