Homemade V.S. Store Bought

K0k0shka

Songster
Jul 24, 2019
Boston Area, MA
This is such a great thread! I love building and creating things. And I loved seeing everybody else's creations as well. Let's bring the thread back to life. To begin, I'll share the tower I built for my cat. Some of the materials were repurposed, others I had to buy. The design was mine, too. It was a lot of fun to build, and best of all, the cat loves it!

IMG_6494.JPG

I also built the book shelf on the right, and a top for the toy storage on the left, so that my lazy cat can climb up the bean bag and then walk across the top of the toy storage to get to her tower. She *could* just jump up, but that's too much work :lol:

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

In fact, she loved it so much that I decided to make use of that love. I'd bought her a nice bed years earlier but she never used it. So I replaced the cushion I'd made for the base of the tower with her old bed. Well that changed everything. She loves her old bed now! :lol:
IMG_6613.JPG

CCUK

Free Flying
Jan 21, 2018
North Notts, UK
My Coop
My Coop
This is such a great thread! I love building and creating things. And I loved seeing everybody else's creations as well. Let's bring the thread back to life. To begin, I'll share the tower I built for my cat. Some of the materials were repurposed, others I had to buy. The design was mine, too. It was a lot of fun to build, and best of all, the cat loves it!

View attachment 1964839
I also built the book shelf on the right, and a top for the toy storage on the left, so that my lazy cat can climb up the bean bag and then walk across the top of the toy storage to get to her tower. She *could* just jump up, but that's too much work :lol:

View attachment 1964846

View attachment 1964844

View attachment 1964847

View attachment 1964855

In fact, she loved it so much that I decided to make use of that love. I'd bought her a nice bed years earlier but she never used it. So I replaced the cushion I'd made for the base of the tower with her old bed. Well that changed everything. She loves her old bed now! :lol:
View attachment 1964859
That's awesome! Well done! Your cat clearly loves it and has a fantastic vantage point at the top!

K0k0shka

Songster
Jul 24, 2019
Boston Area, MA
That's awesome! Well done! Your cat clearly loves it and has a fantastic vantage point at the top!
Thank you! The height was crucial. It lets her safely escape the kids' rough love :lol: When they are home and awake she pretty much lives at the top of the tower, coming down to pee or eat only when they're gone, haha. Though now that they're getting older and more gentle, she's starting to spend some time down with them as well.

jvls1942

Free Ranging
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
wausau,wisconsin
I am in the process of cleaning up my woodworking shop.
then I am going to re-arrange the "furniture"
I have a few projects that I want to do.
One is to make a drawer divider for silverware.
I don't care for the cheapo plastic one we have. the trays are not deep enough for the silverware. We have a matching set of 20's.
I made a knife holder for sharp knives a long time ago. It is too bulky and not enough spaces for all the knives we have.
I have also mentally designing a wall of shelves from floor to ceiling with glass doors
that will have to happen in the summer because I don't want to have to heat the shop for a long period of time..
.......jiminwisc.......

Top Bottom